- advertisement -

I HATE algebra

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by diamondback688, Nov 18, 2008.

1. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

Well, this sucks. I got my last algebra test back in class today. Guess what I got. 47%!! I am so screwed. Now I have a 71% average in the class and I have to have above a 70% to be able to take the final. And I have one test left before the final. So, I'm too tired to figure it out. What do I have to get on the next test in order for my average to stay above a 70%?

Oh, and there's more bad news. I still have to take Intermediate Algebra and College Algebra. Intermediate Algebra doesn't count towards my degree, but I have to pass it in order to take College Algebra. College Algebra is the only class that satisfies the math pre-requisite.

2. karpoozi123

karpoozi123 Approved members

I hate it too. Does that help?

3. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

Assuming that you have only had one other test before that, that means your last test would have had to be a 95%? So if that were true you would need at least a 68%. But if you can pull off a C you'll definitely pass.

I'm sorry, but I love anything with math!

4. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

ugh, i hate it too. and my mom was a accountant and doesn't get why i don't like it. i think part of the problem is she sees things in black and white for the most part, like it is in math. but especially with the D, that's just not how i see things. sometimes things can just be, just because. probably comes from one too many how-on-earth-did-that-happen BS readings:eek:
    drives her nuts! my fave subjects are biology and lit:rolleyes::D

5. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

I don't like it either. It makes me want to SCREAM!!!!:eek::eek::p:cool:

6. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

Here are my other test grades and my homework grade.

Test #1: 71%
    Test #2: 67%
    Test #3: 78%
    Test #4: 39%
    Test #5: 47%

Homework: 95%

I get to drop my lowest test grade, so take the 39% out of the equation.

I have one more test on Tuesday, then the final on the ninth of December. (If I'm allowed to take it, that is)

7. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

Okay here's what I came up with the 39% test put in you would have to score at least a 68%. But with the 39% test removed you'll have to score at least a 45%.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  8. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

can you ask a friend to help you understand? My oldest bro does a lot of tutoring/helping at college.