- advertisement -

I found a great pump holder.....

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Twinklet, May 23, 2008.

1. Twinklet

Twinklet Approved members

Someone told me about this site: http://www.overtonfitness.com/spibelt.php

It's called a SPI belt (Small Personal Item) and is marketed to athletes. It is pretty small but stretches to accommodate quite a few items.

We bought one last week and Emily loves it! If only her pump is in it, it form-fits around the pump, so it's not bulky. But she can easily add a lancing device and strips with no problem--and less bulk than the larger pump-packs that can hold these items. You're supposed to be able to add up to 5 things.

The other nice thing is that it doesn't bounce when she's in PE or outside playing (that was a huge complaint of hers with traditional pump packs).

And, it's only $20! :D And it's not "cutesy", so may be more accepted by older kids or pumping kids who compete in non-contact sports.

Anyway, I always like reading reviews of items here and wanted to share this great find.

Mama2H likes this.
  2. Lee

Lee Approved members

I know you got the cleo with the attached meter - but do you think you could fit another meter in there for those of us on other pumps? That would be great to hold pump, meter, strips...

3. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

Those look good. I might get one to wear when exercising, I have some pants that do not have a pocket, so I dont wear them as much.

4. Lee

Lee Approved members

I was thinking under dresses - since it is so small, atleast for the pump!

5. CJ's Mom

CJ's Mom Approved members

Wow, that's really neat! I'll have to show it to CJ tonight. Thanks for sharing.

6. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

OOOH that's just what I've been looking for for when Ian is at baseball. I tuck his pump pack under his ball shirt but it still bounces and I was getting ready to just make something on my own but that actually looks really good!

7. piratelight

piratelight Approved members

I was thinking the same thing, that it may be really good for baseball and running. I will be showing Hunter later today, thanks for the link.

8. Twinklet

Oh yes, it will definitely hold a meter along with her pump, lancing device and strips. It just stretches to accommodate it.

9. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

I love it!
    Thanks for sharing Andie!

10. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

thanks. just ordered one for horseback riding. they do enough bouncing around on their own. she doesn't need the bags doing that as well.
    Will post how we like it when we get it.
    Allene

11. jwk's mom

jwk's mom Approved members

I just ordered one for Jake. Even though he doesn't pump yet we have been looking for something for him to carry his supplies this summer at daycamp. I think that this may just do the trick for us. Watch we'll all order and run them out of stock.
    Thanks for passing on the info.

12. twodoor2

twodoor2 Approved members

Are there multiple compartments in it, or is it just one big pouch?

13. Twinklet

Funny thing is, when I first googled the belt to see what it looked like, I came up with an Equine Veterinary Supply company! They showed a vet on a horse with a bunch of supplies in this thing.

Marsha--it's just one compartment.

14. vettechmomof2

even better. ;)
    Alllene

15. frizzyrazzy

We got ours the other day and I'm quite pleased with it.

The pouch itself is stretchy material, so it easily accommodates a pump and probably more than that if you wanted. The nice thing is that it's VERY low profile so it would also be a good every day type pump pouch for kids who wear them. When ian was playing baseball I could tell it wasn't bouncing like it normally does - yay!

the ONLY thing wrong with it is that the belt is just a little large (we got the small) I've got it tightened about as far as it goes and it could use a little more so I might cut it and sew it back up again.

16. Lee

Lee Approved members

Thanks for the update - I do think I will order one.

17. vettechmomof2

We got ours and it is great.
    Very strecthy. We put my daughters dexcom in it and it fits great. I agree though for the belt size. We used tape for now but will be sewing it in a few days. It does not bounce around at all. it looks so very tiny when you get it but boy does it stretch. I will be ordering mor eof these. Great little bags.
    I also wanted to say works well under or over clothes.
    Allene

18. Twinklet

I noticed Emily's hanging low over her hips and you're right--the belt is a little big for a kid, even the small size. I offered to cut and sew it for her, but she likes it where it is. :confused: I suppose I could also safety-pin it.

It's now her favorite pack because she can put so much in it and it small.

I'm glad those of you who ordered it liked it as well.

19. frizzyrazzy

thanks so much for sharing this with us! It's funny how excited we get over a pump pack huh??

I actually want one for myself because I think it would be great for walking...

20. toohughey

toohughey Approved members

We got ours and my 10 y.o. loves it. She is often on the trampoline and she says it hardly bounces. You can hear her test strips clinking around from across the yard though!!!

The Cosmo, Lancing device, and strip vial all fit nicely with room for more.

She will wear it shoved down around her hips--the belt is stretchy and that helps keep it snug.

TRACY