- advertisement -

I forgot to mention

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by KeltonsMom, Jun 4, 2008.

1. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

I completely forgot to mention the other day that a sales rep from MiniMed called and took my insurance information about the Guardian for Kelton..

The Endo is on board with Kelton needing a CGMS since Kelton does not feel his lows until he is lower than 30 :eek:

Now, we play another game of wait and see..

TriCare denied the Dexcom, so we will see what they say about the Guardian..

I really hope that they approve it this time...

Keep your fingers crossed :)

2. Treysmom

Treysmom Approved members

Fingers are crossed for you. I think we are going to try soon. We won't get it unless ins. pays. I'm just worried about where in the world I would put another site on my little skinny guy.

3. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

I hear you about skinny kids..Kelton is as thin as string bean..

I need to do more research about the Guardian to see if Kelton will have to manually insert the sensor..When he was on the Cozmo pump he used Comfort Shorts and had no problems with the manual insertion with the infusion sets..He is braver than I am.

At this point he does not care about the insertion process..

4. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

Guardian comes with a senserter for inserting sensors. It can also be done manually, but I wouldn't want to try it.