So, for anyone who does not know, I went through the process of applying for MD/PhD programs (all are MSTPs) over the past year. I applied to 36 schools, interviewed at 22, and have now narrowed it down 2 different programs. My boyfriend was applying for MD programs so we needed 2 spots at the same school which is why I went to almost all of the interviews I was offered. I have a big problem though. School A is more prestigious than School B. And (most importantly) offers free health insurance for all 6-8 years with no deductible, super low copays, and absolutely amazing coverage. School B is a much better fit for me and I am very confident I would be happier there. School B offers absolutely horrible health insurance (I actually have no idea how it meets the ACA requirements) so I would have to stay on my parents insurance. The issue comes when I turn 26 which since I am 21 now would probably occur during my second to last year of the program. I have no idea what I would do for insurance in that case. I do not think I would be unhappy at School A but it just doesn't seem like the greatest fit for me. Both offer pretty equivalent stipends once you take into account cost of living. My boyfriend has scholarships at both schools and refuses to make a decision. We are supposed to move in May (our current lease is up May 15) which is going to be a problem because we can't even start looking for apartments since we do not know where we are going. I don't know what to do. It seems crazy to make a decision based on what is going to happen 5 years down the road but ending up in a situation with really bad health insurance seems like a disaster waiting to happen for someone with diabetes (let alone the fact that I am still followed by oncology). I understand the healthcare exchanges are available but the plans are expensive and have high out of pocket maximums. So, what do I do? Should I go to the school I know I would be less happy at because of the security of having good health insurance? Should I just hope things change in 5 years? I know I can get COBRA for 36 months but the plan I have through my mom is super expensive so I have no idea how I would be able to afford it. My preference would not be to be getting financial help from my parents at the age of 26 but I am sure they would pay the premium if I were to ask (and it would not be difficult for them to afford it). ETA: Just to clarify, in terms of my future career goals, either program would be fine. School A might give me a slight edge in terms of residency options but really they are about equivalent. The reasons I would be happier at School B have nothing to do with the quality of the education/research experience I would have.