- advertisement -

I don't know if this makes me SAD or MAD!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lee, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Lee

Lee Approved members

Well, I received an email form my friend, Kelton's Mom. She emailed a few of us to tell us goodbye.

It appears that people on other forums have come here and attacked the integrity of a valued member, not for the first time. What is worse, by doing this - people from this forum have started hounding her for 'proof' - proof that she has diabetes, proof that her son does, proof that her husband is in the hospital!

HOW CAN THIS BE POSSIBLE? We have many members whose children go to the ER alot for ketones - some kids just get 'em. We have many members who's spouse go to the hospital - it is sad and it is life. We even have members who have found late in life that they also have diabetes - that really sucks. But these are everyday events.

Who are we to ask for proof? Why do we even feel the need to ask for proof?

Most of all, and what makes me angry, why would we, a tight knit group, listen when a new person comes on and starts a bashing thread (that has since been removed!)

Why would a person who is not a part of this community sway our judgment from one post? Our judgment from someone who comes here and asks questions, and voices opinions, and shares amusing stories?

I just don't see how we, as a community, would let this type of juvenile, high school bs run off one of our valuable members.

I am saddened beyond belief that Teddi, KeltonsMom, feels the need to leave this family. I, for one, will miss her greatly.

I really hope everyone takes a moment to tell her not to go!

shekov likes this.
  2. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

OMG, that is HORRIBLE!:mad: I didn't know this was going on.. poor Teddi!!! How can anyone question what she's gone through.. i don't get it.. why do people have to be so juvenile.. grow up people..

Teddi, please don't go, you are one of my most favoritest people on the board!!!! PLEASE STAY!!

3. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

I'm sad and mad with you.
    Unfortunately some people need to get a life. They don't have enough drama in their own lives so they take pleasure in causing drama for others. I guess that is one of the problems with ANY on-line community. You really don't know who you are communicating with, but asking someone for PROOF, that's more than a bit over the top. I hope she stands up to these cyber-bullies.

4. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

Oh Teddi :( I am so sorry that people are doing this to you :( Please don't go :mad:

5. JohnMom

JohnMom Approved members

I must admit I am shock by this news. I know I am new here but I have found this place to be a home away from home. A place where people can express their feelings freely, as it should be. I am sorry this is happening. I have found nothing wrong with anything Kelton's mom has said. Sometimes we agree to disagree.

To Kelton's mom please stay.

6. KitKat

KitKat Approved members

This is just awful. I feel I am judged enough and this is the one place I can come and just be who I am AND be accepted.... A mother with a son with diabetes.

To Teddi I am sorry this happened to you and I wish you would stay.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  7. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

I was confused by that whole exchange and don't understand what she took offense at.

I know I missed some details on what exactly was ailing her husband, but didn't let that bother me.

It is hard to chastise the whole group when most of us have no idea what is going on.

8. Ella's mom

Ella's mom Approved members

Yikes! This is all over my head as I have no clue to any of this going on:eek:

Teddi please know and understand there are plenty of us who are not questioning what is taking place in your family!

9. andeefig

andeefig Approved members

I'm not sure what to say, but wanted to at least say something! Teddi, don't leave! I know there are alot of us on this board at any given point in time and I'm not aware of the threads that you are speaking of, but it is insane that anyone would question her.

I know there have been a few "questionable" threads in the past, written by randon false newbies, where we question the validity of the issue in our own minds, but it seems as though everyone can see that they are transparent and they fall to the wayside (can't imagine why people write bogus stuff, but that's another issue).

But, why would someone question someone with her credibility?? Please don't leave! What gives them the right??

10. Lee

Lee Approved members

I agree - I think it is more of the private messages she has gotten that are asking for proof that offend me the most.

Also, my intent wasn't to 'chastise the whole group' and I do apologize if it seems that way - my intent was to voice my anger and hurt that this happened to a friend on this site - I am deeply shocked. I would be shocked if this happened to any member and I would be the first to defend them.

11. Lee

Lee Approved members

And this is how I feel to a T (only with a girl) and this is why I wrote this post.

12. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

good grief! What happened?? Poor Teddi. I hope she reconsiders and comes back.

13. CJ's Mom

CJ's Mom Approved members

View attachment 487

Very well put, Bravo!
    That whole incident really aggravated me!

And those of you that jumped the gun and passed judgement on statments some outsiders made, well, shame on you.

Stay with us Teddi! I really enjoy our "talks".

14. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

Well, that makes me angry. I know she posted about trouble she has had with another forum in the past and someone joined here to attack her. I'm sorry to hear that these troubles have followed her.

Teddi: Please reconsider. I hope you'll stay!

15. purplewowies

purplewowies Approved members

Who would do this?!

Who would do this? And why?

I don't have diabetes; I joined so I could post if I wanted to and I could also learn a little about diabetes each day. And I've actually posted 25 times. I've posted things like helpful advice and things other people found "cool." I even introduced myself as non-d and someone said "You are still welcome to learn!"

But my question is who would fake this? Who would think someone was faking this? Who would WANT to fake this?! Who would THINK someone would want to fake this?!? I sure wouldn't! The nerve of some people!

Don't leave Teddi, KeltonsMom, whoever you are! Don't leave this awesome place! No one should make you feel so alienated you should leave! That message goes out to KeltonsMom and anyone else who has ever felt the need to leave just because someone else was bullying them

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  16. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

A bunch of people with very very very sad pathetic lives.

17. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Wha? Obviously I've missed something...and I'm on here a lot!

I would think it would be pretty darn obvious if someone was faking this, and I never, ever got that vibe from Kelton's Mom. I hope that maybe she'll just take a little break, and then come back when things settle down.

18. Caydens_Mommy

Caydens_Mommy Approved members

I guess I missed all of this drama... Probably a good thing that i did.. I can't begin to imagine why someone would think they need proof of something like this.. This is crazy.. I have just recently started to get to know Teddi, and we found out that before you moved to where she lives now she lived in the same town as i do.. That was great and sooo unbeliveable.. I would hate to lose her now...

Teddi, please don't leave!! There are plenty of us here who do care about you and want you stick around..

19. AmyMcCracken

AmyMcCracken Approved members

I guess I missed all the drama and I lurk quite a bit. I'm glad Becky posted this so we can show our support.

TEDDI - please don't go. You have valuable information to share with all of us.

20. musicjunkie

musicjunkie Approved members

Don't leave...don't let some loser ruin something so therapeutic for you!!!!!!!Tell us who it was and we'll take care of them for ya;)