- advertisement -

I can't believe she said that

Discussion in 'Teens' started by kierbabi09, Mar 11, 2009.

1. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

I was in school this morning and I was haning out with my best friend before class started. Anyway, this girl comes in and starts out by saying "I'm so tired of hearing that Nick Jonas has diabetes. I don't care. it's not like it's serious. it's not like it's cancer. It can't kill you. You don't die from it" HUH?:mad: At least someone said something to her. The one girl said to her "My dad had a wife who had it. Before my mom. It WAS serious." And a bunch of other girls went on to say that it WAS serious. I told her that it was a top killer in the US, not to be morbid or anything.
    I don't think she knew that I have diabetes, but come on. That is so rude, especially to all the people who have diabetes. I just kind of sat there staring at her, not quite knowing what to say.
    Some people are so mean and rude:mad::mad:

2. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Aw man. People piss me off sometimes. Some girls at my school today were saying that T1 is when your pancreas doesn't work from birth -- but you have a supply of insulin in your body which lasts for a certain amount of time, and that's when you get dx'd. I was like.. "uhm, no.. autoimmune..." and tried to explain it, but nobody would listen. So frustrating.

3. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

Awe man, I'm sorry you had to listen to that. :( Try not to let it get to you though, some people are just ignorant, and we can't change everyone. But, really, that girl needs to use her brain. It IS a serious disease. And no one knows that better than us.

4. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

oh wow, talk about ignorance :(. So sorry that that happened Kier! It IS serious, some people take D as WAY TOO serious, and some people take D as not serious at all.

5. miss_behave

miss_behave Approved members

When I talk to people who don't get its serious, I tell them that I will die in a matter of days without insulin. They're gobsmacked, they have no idea. Morbid, but it gets the point across.

6. dksimo@comcast.net

dksimo@comcast.net Approved members

how rude

:mad: maybe she was having a bad day and just venting, or maybe she watches way to much TV to hear that much about Nick Jonas. lol Or maybe she is just RUDE :p !!! Anyway that girl has no idea what she is saying, It can be serious. You have to ignore stupid people. Just tell her next time you dont speak or understand stupid... That will shut her up.:eek:

7. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

ugh. sorry you had to deal with that. i hate listening to people who know *nothing* talk about D:rolleyes::eek:(and like they're endos or something for the most part too:eek:)

8. here you are again

here you are again Approved members

ugh, i'm sorry. i hate it when people are like that, seriously. i was talking to this girl, who didn't know i had diabetes but still, and this other girl was telling her about a bowling thing for people with type 1 diabetes to raise money. and the other girl was like "i'm not going to do that, it's their fault anyway!" and like i just yelled at her...i couldn't help it. that was so ignorant. know what you're talking about before you talk, you know?

9. meg:]

meg:] Approved members

the other day my in my science class my teacher was talking about how bad soday is for you, and she goes "If you drink too much soda, the sugar can clog up and cause pancreas failure, and you would become a diabetic" ok...?? For one thing she used to be a medical examiner... and she knows i'm a TYPE 1 diabetic. and then everyone looks at me.

10. diabetesgrlsxoxo

diabetesgrlsxoxo Approved members

Its comments like these that make diabetes SO much worse then it already is!! People don't think about what their saying nor do they think how it effects others. Anytime someone makes rude comments about D it really just makes me hate D so much more, I try so hard to make the most of this but people just really make that way harder!

11. WatchingSis

WatchingSis Approved members

If it helps, my sister once had to try and take on the What Causes Diabetes debate with a dentist while she was getting her teeth cleaned. As she put it, "It's hard to fight with a dentist when they're stabbing your tongue out." :)

12. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

:eek:.........that is kinda funny.........:eek:.........stabing your tongue out.......:rolleyes: