- advertisement -

I can tell that I'm low...

Discussion in 'Teens' started by emm142, Jun 16, 2009.

1. emm142

emm142 Approved members

By looking in the mirror!

It's freaky. It's happened a few times recently, but today about an hour ago I saw myself in the mirror and I can just see it in my eyes and face, my lips also look really red compared with my skin... Anyway, I tested at 64, and I definitely wouldn't have caught the low if it wasn't for seeing myself in the mirror. :D

2. NoMoreShots

NoMoreShots Approved members

Thats pretty cool that you can notice that.:) I know when I'm low. I can recognize the feeling instantly. I hate it so bad.:( I was low this morning at BF with 64.

3. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I woke up at a 70 this morning. I was happy with that, actually, great number to eat on and I felt fine. :D I had to rearrange my morning a little, though (ate breakfast BEFORE I showered - nothing like being low in the shower..).

And yes, I hate that low feeling too. It hit me a while after I treated. Not fun.

4. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

Wow, I have never done that before. It's great that you thought to check your bg's though:)
    I feel my lows about 99% of the time. There are sometimes when I get one that sneaks up on me with no warning, you know?

5. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I usually feel my lows around the 50 mark, but it's such a sudden thing - I feel fine and then all of a sudden I feel like I'm about to die. :p

So if I can catch it before that point, it's all good with me, haha.

I treated the low with approx. 30g carbs and then ate dinner with a normal bolus, I thought I would be high, but 1.5 hours later I was in the 70s, ate another 20g carbs and 1.5 hours after that and I'm STILL in the 70s! The heat must be getting to me. :rolleyes:

6. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

I have a friend who can tell I'm low by looking at my face. I don't know what it looks like like- only she notices it- not even my mom has caught on to this one. I think I'm losing my ability to sense lows. I'm thinking it might have to do with relying on the sensor but it could just be having d for 11 years idk. I've been having lower lows lately and I do not like it. Like Emma said, I'll feel fine one second then wham feel like I'm going to pass out.

7. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

i've been having the same problem in the last year rae. and i'm only 5 years(and one day, lol!) in! drives me crazy! when i was younger i'd feel them just fine, some times i'd even feel bad at 100 or 130 or even 150/170! and we'd check and check and 30/45 minutes later i'd be 80/70/65! and now i'm lucky if i feel it at 70! i'm going nuts! and it may not be a cgm thing, cause i don't have one......:confused:

8. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

When I was little I would visibly shake when I was low or dropping. It was such an easy way to know if I was low or not. Now its kind of confusing: headache/spacey-my everyday normal, sick, tired, or low?, hungry-normal or low, tired... you understand. Ugh I wish it was as simple as when I was younger: stop for a second hold out a hand to see if its shaking or not. Sure it wasn't always magic, but I feel like I'm worse at catching them now then I let myself run higher because I'm afraid I'm going to drop really low (such as while babysitting, teaching swim lessons, and such where I need to be on top of things) I may need to chat with the endo come my appt in July

9. Shadow

Shadow Approved members

Neat, I cannot do that. =3
    Not too long ago I woke up, not realising anything was wrong. I tested my BG because I felt a bit funny, and was 1.8. o.o

10. Shadow

Shadow Approved members

That's 32.4 to you guys.

11. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I had a 1.8 in the night before as well, but I felt a bit worse than 'funny,' lol.

Whenever I wake up that low I get major cold sweats and I just feel so panicky, the adrenaline is horrible. I have to really focus on my breathing, it feels almost like a panic attack (and this is before I've seen the number as well as after). Generally during night lows I feel too much like jelly to walk, as well (these lows are always below 40, I don't wake up until then anymore) and so I kind of crawl across my room to wherever the food is.