- advertisement -

I am ticked off

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Rukio, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Rukio

Rukio Banned

Actually, last year I went swimming, tubing down a long stretch of river with everyone else, got to go to a nature center, and everything else. I'm fairly sure I was in more danger being on a tube in a river for 30+ minutes (maybe an hour, I lost count) paddling to reach the end then riding horses. xD

Heather: I don't have their phone number, just the medical release form. I personally think it would be amusing to white out the diabetes part and send it back with an explanation of diabetes at the bottom.

2. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

I personally think you are doing future campers a disservice by not educating and following up on this. It would do others a great service if you would educate those in charge and help them see how wrong this is.

3. Melancholywings

Melancholywings Approved members

You are still a minor right? Is there an adult who will be an activist for you in this? Maybe your pastor? Nurse or Endo?

4. Charlene

Charlene Approved members

Call the ADA they would be happy to help. What camp is it?

5. Rukio

Rukio Banned

They wouldn't be able to help-its a private run camp and the horse company is private too. :/

Melancholywings: I am friends with almost everyone who goes, my older brother was well known because he always volunteered so everyone says "Your ------- 's sister!" So having someone supervise me wouldn't be that hard, my closest friends I teach to recognize lows and highs symptoms in me, so that wouldn't be to hard I wouldn't think :X