- advertisement -

I am so proud of my mom!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sarahconnormom, Jul 14, 2009.

1. sarahconnormom

sarahconnormom Approved members

I have to praise my mom for what she has done over the past few days.

I had surgery Friday which meant I would be unable to care for Connor for 2-3 days. My parents offered to keep the kids. My mom has kept Connor for short periods of time for me and observed me doing everything many times. This was her first time to do everything solo without me to call on for help.

She has done great. She did overnight checks, counted carbs, treated a couple minor lows, and did not panic over anything.
    I got released from the hospital Saturday evening but am staying with my parents for a few days because of the crazy hours my husband is working so I have help with the kids.

Tonight was the first bolus I've done since Friday morning. Yesterday she took Connor swimming on her own. Today, my mom even took Connor to Splashtown water park on her own for a few hours since we have season passes. She did not call me a single time for help and he's had great numbers all day. She is actually getting to the point where she is confident making decisions on her own.

I am very proud of my mom and very happy to know I have someone who can handle things if I or my husband can't be there.

2. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

YAY to your mom!! Great job!:)

How are you feeling with the surgery and all? Hope you are ok!

3. mollgirl

mollgirl Approved members

Great job by your mom! I hope you are feeling better.

4. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Great job grandma!

Hope you are ok and on the mend soon.

5. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

That's wonderful! I'm glad she came through for you (and Connor) when you needed her! I hope you're feeling better soon!

6. fdlafon

fdlafon Approved members

Way to go mom!!!!!

I hope you have a speedy recovery as well.

7. hrermgr

hrermgr Approved members

What a wonderful mom/grandma! For you it has to be quite a relief--just to know she can take good care of your son, too.

Here's hoping you are back to 100% sure.

8. dana.amp

dana.amp Approved members

That's Great!