- advertisement -

I am new here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by JohnMom, May 22, 2008.

1. JohnMom

JohnMom Approved members

My son was dx with T1 on 6-4-2007 at 8 years old. We are adjusting to our new life. He is still on MDI, but we are starting to look at pumps. I have felt much comfort reading and browsing this site. I just wanted to say hi.

2. TracieandJim

TracieandJim Approved members

Welcome. I am sorry you have had to join. I joined just a few months ago when my son was 19 mths old. Please come over to the 'Parents of children with type 1' and introduce yourself. I promise you will be very well received and enjoy meeting so many wonderful people. Many questions will be answered as long as you post them.

Tracie

3. jwk's mom

jwk's mom Approved members

Welcome. You will find a tremendous amount of info here.

4. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Welcome John's Mom, it's a great haven from the storm of D. :cwds:

5. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Hi there! Welcome!:cwds:

6. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

HI JohnMom!!! Great to see you here!

Love your avatar - heartwarming... a boy and his dog! :cwds::cwds:

7. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Hello, just wanted to say welcome. You have found a great site for support and information. In addition to the forums there is a chat room here where you can talk to other parents in "real time". Hang in there :cwds:

8. Richard157

Richard157 Approved members

Hello there! I have several friends who have diabetic children. One of those children, age 7, has been pumping for more than a year. She has adjusted to pumping very nicely and has good control. She uses an Animas pump.

I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in 1945 when I was 6. My Mother took very good care of me and was responsible for my success during my childhood when very little was known about diabetes. I am now 68 and have been diabetic for 62 years. I am very healthy. I know that good control is much more difficult for a child. If your son can have reasonably good control and, when an adult, very good control then his chances are much greater for having a long, healthy life without serious complications. I am living proof of that. Good luck to both of you!

Richard

9. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

Please come over to the Parents side...Hope to see you over there...:)

10. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

Richard....I hope one day my daughter will say "my mother took very good care of me"
    just as you are posting here....that just melted my heart that you said that!! :)
    I also hope that they find a cure for this disease in both yours and my daughters lifetime!!!!

11. JohnMom

JohnMom Approved members

I want to thank all of your for welcoming me to this wonderful site. It warms my heart to know there are others out there that are going through the up and down emotions of this disease. I would like to give Richard a very special thank you I need to hear how well he is doing for the most part all you hear is how bad the complications are as the child gets older. A positive attitude is what I want my son and family to have.