- advertisement -

I am getting more and more and more ticked

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Brandi's mom, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Brandi's mom

Brandi's mom Approved members

With the fact that I can't talk to a real live person when I call the Endo and noone ever returns my calls.

The only time my call has ever been returned is when I called the emergency line when Brandi was sick and vomitting.

I just called for the 4th day in a row. 5th time total. I did not call last Friday or on the weekend of course.

I'm thinking of writing an very large note and faxing it over.

2. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Amber thats not acceptable at all. Is there a CDE there that you can talk to? I usually just call the CDE's number. She will get back to me if I call before noon and the next day if I call after. I only call the endo if its an emergency. You guys are still pretty new to this so should have someone get back to you ASAP. Anything we can help you with?

3. Brandi's mom

This is the patient assistance line. Its my only option besides the appointment desk who transfers me to the same place.

I am trying to make an appointment for a class that they are requiring before they will authorize the pump.

4. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

I'd fax the questions you have. Write that, not being able to reach anyone for x amount of time, you felt the need to fax since you need answers.

Good luck!

5. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

I normally get a return phone call within 24 never have gone over 24 hours, and I have my Endo's email address as well. Do you have a fax number for them?? Fax them something that says umm CALL ME!! :p
    5 days is not acceptable. Good luck!! I would get the Endo's email address as well.

6. Brandi's mom

I called the first time on March 24. Then waited nearly a week.

Then I started calling back every day.

7. LizinTX

LizinTX Approved members

I would recommend changing endo's. You need "someone" to be on your team, you are not there for their convenience, they are there for yours. And if they don't feel that way, then you need someone who does. You are in Houston so you should have some pretty good options to choose from. Good luck!!

8. Brandi's mom

I can only find one other Pediatric Endo online. Not sure if a regular endo would take her since she's 16.

9. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

I find that emailing my nurse gets the best results. If I call, unless she has ketones or some other emergency, I don't get a call back until after 5pm that day or the next.

Try faxing as Paula said and request a better line of communication. You are new, you need assistance.

Any chance you can change endos?

10. Brandi's mom

I did email the only nurse that I have an email address for last Thrusday. I just emailed her again with two other phone numbers she could reach me at.

11. Brandi's mom

GREAT!

Our fax line at work is still out of order. Crap!

12. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Is there a receptionist at the endo's office?

Send an e-mail.

13. Brandi's mom

I have emailed the only person I have an email address for.

I just got a phone call it looked like the doctor's office number and I thought for sure it was someone calling me back but alas it was Brandi calling from school.

14. Tena

Tena Approved members

Do you go to Texas Children's? If so, I have had the same problems there. However, I did question it the last time we were there and was told that they were several CDE's short due to maternity leaves and vacations and what not. It wasn't a few days later, I rec'd a letter in the mail asking if we knew of any RNs needing a job that they were given permission to hire a couple of new CDE's.

I am like you though, I hate that I can't just talk to someone when I call.

Also, My dd is being evaluated for another autoimmune disease and when I was there for another appt, I had some questions for her endo, so I walked over to the checkout and told them I needed to talk to SOMEONE, ANYONE and as her dr. was there, they went and got her and she did answer some questions for me.

15. twicker1

twicker1 Approved members

I, too, find this to be a problem at TCH. It used to not be like this. When Brandon was dx, we were assigned a specific CDE. She was our "go to" person, and we really developed a relationship. About nine months later was when they switched it to being the one CDE dealing with whatever calls came in while they were the one maning the phones. This is also the person taking patients in their office AFTER appointments, to print out any scripts, answer questions, or anything else that is needed.

I have almost tried switching practices over not being able to talk to anyone.