- advertisement -

Hummm I dont know if its just me or what

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by lotsoftots, Oct 16, 2007.

1. lotsoftots

lotsoftots Approved members

But when I was sitting at the Drs office today I was looking at all the pamphlets ( yes I was REALLY board) but then I noticed that all the ones about diabetes have pictures of older people when they are talking about type 1, even the ads on t.v. really dont show kids..Not till I was in the hospital with Samantha did I even know babies could get type 1:(
    if they started showing people of all ages ( more kids of course since they are so darn cute;) )it might make more people stop and think more.

2. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

I agree you!

3. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

my son always loves the freestyle flash tv commercials - 1 because he uses it 2 because they show kids. (doing funny finger things) i think that's the only one I've ever seen with kids - so you know that actual kids do use it. A long time ago I remember seeing a meter commercial with a child too - but I can't recall which one.

4. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

You are so right. If they would show people of all ages having Diabetes I think it would be much better than just showing adults or older people.

5. Mama Belle

Mama Belle Approved members

There used to be a One Touch commercial with BB King and a child guitar player, both of whom had D. I can't say it was my fave commercial but at least they represented kids and adults.

6. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

that was it!

7. melaniej

melaniej Approved members

Ive also noticed they seem to run all the jdrf walk commercials late at night :confused: id love to see more kids although the freestyle commercial always made me cry