- advertisement -

Hows everyone first day back at school

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Mody_Jess_Pony, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

So far Ive forgotten my pump at home*bangs head on table* but I managed to remember new lancets for my lance....THAT makes no sense what so ever....
    So yesterday i ripped out a sight while sledding(I had disconnected and hadn't taped my site down correctly ugh so I was asking for it). So I went home put my sit in my usual spot irritated because the site I ripped out was a tummy site and I hate tummy sites.
    So this morning I disconnect to take a shower. I put my pump in my room on my bed. guess where my pump still is *bangs head on table*
    I get lucky though I should be okay for the rest of the day because I still make some of my own insulin still I feel like an idiot for forgetting to reconnect to my pump..... Carb free for Jess today!
    WHY am I so freaking forgetful! I was so worried about the art stuff I didn't haev done and trying to get dressed the pump slipped my mind ack!
    Well thats my day so far.
    lol Thats my day so far but I'm glad to be back with friends :)

2. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

Rough day, Jess. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I don't start classes again until Thursday. Bright and early at 8 AM.:rolleyes:

3. miss_behave

miss_behave Approved members

No school here yet. School starts end of January and uni sometime February. Yay for summer holidays :D

4. emm142

emm142 Approved members

It was okay, for the most part (it snowed!!). Looks like I'm needing some basal adjustments though because the 0.1 unit correction I took when I was 144 at 10.10 should NEVER have taken me down to 56 by 11.00. Vlah. I hate routine changes.

5. dancingsinger8

dancingsinger8 Approved members

My first day back was pretty good too. Minus the fact that I actually HAD to go to school. lol. I was a little bit on the higher side (155), but overall it wasn't so bad! :)

6. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

I go back tomorrow, and because we had a snow day during finals week (the week before break), I now have to take my Physics, Chemistry, AND Algebra II final tomorrow. :( Well, I'm actually only going to take Physics and Chem, because I'm leaving school before Algebra II to go for my A1c blood work. :) (I'm expecting a good number. :D...but you never know.) So, yeah, I'm cramming for test right now. Well, trying to, I'm obviously a little distracted...:)

7. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

I had to go :mad: I hate school, but I love school. It doesn't help that I'm sick on top of having to go to school. I was only their 1/2 day :) Got to go have lunch/chat with the Rotary Club then go to ortho (my other enemy- "wear your rubberbands more"...how about no) I have youth group tonight-yay- one good thing about mondays. I need to finish scholarship apps which I should've worked on over break, but didn't. Well, atleast I remembered my pump and other necesities- Sorry you had a rough start.

8. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Oh Jess, I'm sorry you had a rough start back...
    But you aren't alone! I'm right there with ya. I was high ALL day. My low for today was 200, and my high was a 472. :mad::( I hate school...talk about a bad case of senioritis over here!

9. diamondback688

I'm sorry, but that right there is funny as h**l. But, I sort of have a warped sense of humor.:D:D

Awe, that really bites, Malyssa. What are you at now?

10. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

Uh...well I was high, but so were my other diabetic friends. I was 394 took a correction, 318 then before lunch I was 243, 2 hours after I was 247. I talk a lot when I'm high because I get hyper, I got in trouble in Spanish class for that because when I said something to my friend she just had to bust out laugh while the room was quite. Then I had to ask my friend a question about the classwork, got yelled at b/c she said everytime she looked over at me I was turned around in my chair laughing, even though I wasn't laughing. I just not going to talk anymore in that class. Yeah, I emailed my CDE my numbers over break, all she said was that it looked like everything fell apart of Christmas break, no adjustments, no nothing. Meaning she is going to have a mouthfull to say at our appointment tomorrow, what FUN!?

To those that had a bad day, tomorrow is another day. To those that had a great day I hope that streak continues.:cwds:

11. Mody_Jess_Pony

Today is NOT any better guys lol! I had my pump pouch cliped with my pump in and it got stuck under my backpack and I couldn't get it to pull out from under while sitting down on the bus. NOW ive been nothing but low all day so I fusteratly disconected and still have yet to see a freaking number over 4.3 mmoml/l the d gods hate me I swear! On the up NOTE I'm going to see twilight sunday! I can hardly wait!!!!!!!
    *squee*

12. diamondback688

That sucks, Jess. Is there any chance that your basals or I:C ratio are off in some way?

Well, hopefully tomorrow will be better.

BTW, 4.3 mmol/l is 77 mg/dl, in case anyone was wondering.

13. tylerbetic

tylerbetic Approved members

we don't start school here in nz until February (thats why i like it here)

14. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Poor Jess. Well maybe TOMORROW will be a good day :D.

15. Mody_Jess_Pony

I:C ratio is 1/2 U per 30 carbs maybe my carbs so maybe that needs to be re-arrangeded
    Jess is hoping for a SUPER de DUPER day today :) Hopefully it won't be a disastor today!
    However I was hoping school would be canceled :)

16. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

So Jess, how did today go?

17. Mody_Jess_Pony

It went AWESOME! We got sent home early so I got to take a nap! However band sucked that AM because my music teacher still HAS not brought over the unbrokan bass clarinet from the other school. I'm still having major pump troubles but at least I didn't leave it in my locker last night like I thought I had :) stupid lows won't go away so I'm on the phone constantly with my docter.
    Otherwise it went well!

18. diamondback688

Well, I had my first two classes this morning. Intro to Humanities was first from 8 - 9:15, then Intro to Sociology from 9:30 to 10:45.

My Intro to Humanities professor is kind of strange. He doesn't wear shoes when he is in the classroom. He wears sandals, and then takes them off when he gets to class and walks around barefoot. And he speaks French. And he's a PHd.

My Intro to Sociology professor isn't too bad. Nice guy. Easy to get along with, I think.

I still have one more class tonight from 5 PM until 6:15. Beginning Algebra. The same class I failed last semester. I hate algebra. But, I know the professor. It's the same one that I had for Pre-algebra.

19. BobbyJackElmo

BobbyJackElmo Approved members

i didnt feel like going back to school on monday so i went tuesday......pointless i dont go to that school anymore =] i dont even remember that day lol