- advertisement -

How to Stop my ex from telling his parents lies about my son who is Diabetic.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TammyB, Jan 14, 2010.

1. TammyB

TammyB New Member

My soon to be ex tells his mom lies about my son who is Diabetic all the time what can I do my son is not his child was only stepson.

2. Sherry Wendi's Mom

Sherry Wendi's Mom Approved members

This may sound a little cold and callous, I don't mean for it to be. :eek: I have never been divorced, but this is how I would handle it if I were in your situation. If the guy is not your son's father and he is soon to be your ex, how likely is it that he will have much to do with your son after the divorce? Is he acting like a father when he tells lies about your son whether to his parents or not? I'd say no. Unless he has officially adopted your son, he has no business in the care of your son after the divorce. If he has a relationship with your son; tell him that unless he stops his lying, your son is not going to be allowed to interact with him. As far as the grandparents, tell them that you would love to tell them how their step-grandson is doing, but please come directly to the primary caregiver (namely you) for the information. I know this has got to be hard, but he is a grown man and is therefore responsible for his own actions. IMO

3. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

I would wait patiently for the divorce to be final. From your previous post, it doesn't sound like he knows very much about diabetes and is passing along misinformation to his mother.

It also sounds like both relationships are about to be severed. As the PP stated, neither you or your son are likely to see your ex or his parents.

You probably have other things to think about rather than educate your ex and his mother.

I wouldn't waste the effort to counter the lies your ex tells his mother.

4. TammyB

TammyB New Member

How to stop ex from telling lies.

Iam sorry my son does see his Dad all the time my ex raised him from birth till now as his dad and we see the soon to be ex all the time.The soon to be ex never adopted him however he is the only dad my son knows and I wont stop my son from having a relationship with his one and only dad. I just want the ex to keep his himself from feeling like he needs to lie about my son to his mom.

5. Sherry Wendi's Mom

Sherry Wendi's Mom Approved members

Again, I would reiterate the need to go to the step-grandmother and ask her to come to you for information regarding your son. As far as your ex, I understand not wanting to end their relationship. My husband was raised part-time by his stepmother (shared custody and Dad did little) from the age of 3. They are still very close even after his fathers death ten years ago. You have not said how he is handling the care of your son with his Diabetes. I would make it very clear that he must educate himself and keep his parents properly informed or their interactions would be limited. This is after all the health of your son. Whether it is the diabetes care or the emotional problems of a misinformed parent/grandparent figure. Ultimately you are in control of your son's well-being. if your ex loves your son, he should be willing to learn and understand what his "son" is going through. I am sorry if this is upsetting you. You and your son are in my thoughts and prayers.

6. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Well, there is nothing you can do to control what your ex is telling his parents. I'm not sure I understand what lies he's telling them or what his motivation to lie is, but you can't make him stop lying.

If it's important to you for your ex's parents to know the truth about whatever it is that the ex is lying about, then you can educate them. Otherwise, I'd ignore it.

I'm confused though as to why you'd want this man to continue to have a relationship with your son. In your first post on this board you say that he is of "no help" with your son's diabetes, called him a "pigs ass", and say that some men should just never have children. I am of the personal opinion that one good parent in a child's life is better than one good parent and one crappy parent.

7. Lee

Lee Approved members

I agree with Karla here. He is hte Step-Dad - you are the one in control. You do not have to leave your son with him. He left you...

Why does it matter to you what he tells his parents? How will that affect his relationship with your son anymore than if he told them the truth?