advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get a Rufus Bear?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by lisalotsamom, Sep 28, 2006.

1. lisalotsamom

lisalotsamom Approved members

I was wondering how to go about getting Tessa a Rufus bear? When she was first diagnosed (7/04), she was only 18 mos old, we were visiting my sister near St. Louis, and started with one endo group there, and after 2 weeks came home to another endo group. Our diabetic teaching was done by the St. Louis group, and I don't ever remember hearing about Rufus.
    Now that I've read some posts about children having one, and Tessa being 3yrs old---I know she'd love one. Where do I get one?? Thanks!

2. karonray

karonray Approved members

Rufus and Ruby

Get touch with your local JDRF office and ask for a bag of HOPE. They should be able to get you one. Also if that fails e-mail me, i maybe able to get one for ya.

3. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Don't buy one!

JDRF gives a Bag of Hope full of good stuff, and Rufus or Ruby (some also do the girl bear) are included. Contact your local JDRF, and they may send a host family out to visit, or they will mail you one.

4. Chase's mom

Chase's mom Approved members

Go on the JDRF website and you can sign up for one on there. We did about 5 weeks ago and they sent ours out within a week, my son loves the video that came with it he shows it to everyone that comes over. It also came with a free Accu Chek Aviva meter which was great cause thats what we use.:D :D

5. Ben'sMommy

Ben'sMommy Approved members

I'm guessing I can't get one for Ben as we're not US citizens????????

6. pookas

pookas Approved members

I'm pretty sure it is an international organization. Email one of the random chapters and ask. it doesn't hurt :)