- advertisement -

How to decide when to calibrate Medtronic CGM?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by schnoodle, Dec 12, 2013.

1. schnoodle

schnoodle Approved members

Obviously, the device does not want you to use ever single finger poke to calibrate ? or does it ?

any clarification about calibration would help:)

2. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

3. KHS22

KHS22 Approved members

when sugars are stable is best we found... because if you calibrate right now, and 10 minutes later your sugar is higher or lower, it messes up.

4. TheLegoRef

TheLegoRef Approved members

Yes, read the link Megan posted! We calibrate first testing in the morning, once during the day, and last testing of the day. (If possible.) We calibrate when the last four readings are within 16 points and if there are no arrows. Also keeping in mind that we don't want to calibrate if food or insulin has been in the last hour if possible.

5. schnoodle

I think it might be calibrating every time I test on the linked meter. After I test on the linked meter under sensor status the next cal: time is 12 hours later

6. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

What meter is it? The One Touch one or the Bayer one? I was thinking the Bayer Next asks each time if you want to calibrate.

7. schnoodle

Its bayer contour link. Two were shipped with my pump.