- advertisement -

How often do you see your endo within the year?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Bigbluefrog, Jan 31, 2013.

1. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

for us it is not that we are making a alternative choice, our endo has brought in a Ped dr. that has a specialtyin D care. I have asked and D care is only 10% of her endo practiec so for her (the endo) it makes sence.

But knowing the care that a Ped dr w/ D care compared to an Endo is not much different. If I had to make a choice on care I would never rule out a ped Dr over an Endo, if it came down to a actual choice.

2. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

We go every 4 months, so 3 times a year. Usually I end up rescheduling one of those appointments, so it sometimes gets stretched out to every 5 months. We see the endo every time.

3. ChristineJ

ChristineJ Approved members

Same here...

Christine

4. BittysMom

BittysMom Approved members

Looking back at our a1c's, we apparently go every every 2 months. We see the Endo twice a year and the CDE four times a year. I'm wondering if this will taper down at some point. It's a lot.

5. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

Well, last time J saw him was August of 2011. He had another appointment for six months out - February. I got sick that morning - too nauseated to drive and had to turn back and go home.

I called them and told them what happened. Next appointment? August - another six months and one year from his last appointment.

Now we have an appointment in September (10 months after I called to make it). I take him to his GP every three months for bloodwork and A1c.

We need more pediatric endocrinologists! The caseload at the office we go to is 9,000 patients!!! Out of those, 2,600 have diabetes.