- advertisement -

How often do you see your endo within the year?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Bigbluefrog, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Bigbluefrog

Bigbluefrog Approved members

This maybe a standard answer, we used to go 4 times a year, now it is 3 times a year.

2. jbmom1b2g

jbmom1b2g Approved members

we see ours every 3-4 months

3. swellman

swellman Approved members

every 3 months

4. SarahKelly

SarahKelly Approved members

twice, every six months as per my son's endo's approval (and suggestion) or more often if desired/necessary
    my husband goes every 3 months because long with t1d he was dx with Graves disease, so it is more for titering meds with that than just d care

5. nebby3

nebby3 Approved members

Endo 2x and CDE 2x for 4 appts per year

6. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

It shakes out to an average of 3, but we only see the actual endo 1x per year, the other 2 are seen with the NP and/or CDE.

7. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We see the doctor/nurse on a rotating basis. 4 visits a year, 2 visits for each.

8. Ndiggs

Ndiggs Approved members

4 times a year. We see both the Endo and CDE at each visit

9. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

When I need to, usually for a new pump, but even then it's usually done by the pump company.

10. Sandy's mom

Sandy's mom Approved members

We are supposed to go every three months, but our endo is always booked out way longer then that. So it ends out being about twice a year. I think there is a need for more brilliant endocrinologists!

Fortunately there are terrific CDEs should we need help in between.

11. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

We were 4x and he's dropped us to 3x. We see the Endo every time.

12. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

we go to the Endo office every 3-4months, we are usually now seeing a ped Dr that specializes in diabetes and actually only see the Endo once a year if that. But can request to see the actual endo if we want. We have not needed to for a very long time because the Ped Dr and the "office" has given/done everything that we have ever asked for. I personally sometimes think that I could probably do without the actual office visit except yearly to go over lab work and Rx's but I want the finger stick A1C every 3-4months.

I can see that that might change once puperty is upon us.

13. Bigbluefrog

Will they always need to go 3-4 times a year?

Anyone ever have a general physician or Internalist (diabetes speciality) see their child for diabetes care?

I have been researching and see that some MDs will specialize in diabetes.

14. Joretta

Joretta Approved members

4 times CDE and Endo or the nurse practitioner.

15. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

We average 3 times a year what with college in another state and all. Our practice wants every 3 months, though.

16. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

I go what works out to 3 times a year but not every 4 months. Last year I did May, August, and December. Basically, if I am home from school they want to see me. We did have some issues getting prescriptions refilled during the break from August to December since I didn't make it to my Thanksgiving break appointment due to flight delays but that was a problem more on their end then mine. I would rather not go but I think my insurance company requires seeing an endo at least once a year maybe more for pump stuff.

17. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

We go to an endo office but mostly see a Ped Dr. that specializes in diabetes. And I beleive that "Darrly" on the forum has always seen a Ped Dr., and I am sure that there are many others that do not see an Endo.

depending on your means and insurance you have allot of choices for care. I do not beleive anything is set in stone, but most follow a standard of care that happens to be 3-4 months.

18. RomeoEcho

RomeoEcho Approved members

Once a year. Between my endo's schedule and mine and being overseas, this is all I've been able to do. He's fine with it. Mostly it's just to write scripts, but I've never tried getting him to mail me scripts without the annual visit. He sees his other patients 2-4 times a year, I think.

19. Bigbluefrog

That would be helpful to have alternative choices, as our daughter gets older we will need to find another Endo or md specializing in diabetic care.

20. Mrs Puff

Mrs Puff Approved members

We used to go four times a year. However, the last time the endo said that since we were doing so well that we could come every four months! I was kind of glad because we have to drive over an hour to get to her office and the visit usually lasts all of ten minutes because I never have any questions.