- advertisement -

How many times can you "hack" the Guardian?

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by Mike&Dans.Mom, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Mike&Dans.Mom

Mike&Dans.Mom Approved members

Our trainer told us that you can hit "start new sensor" without taking off the sensor once.

Can you do it again? Do you have to remove it to do it?

2. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I think I heard you can do it until you have to recharge the transmitter.

3. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

True. You can do it as many times as you want within the 7 day period.

4. Diana

Diana Approved members

And - we were able to reboot the transmitter yesterday by just disconnecting it briefly (and not charging it). I had it disconnected for maybe a minute. I'm not sure why it didn't work last time. The only difference I can think of is that last time I waited for the transmitter to actually time out, but this time I did it pre-emptively.

Ok, not really what you were asking...:eek:

5. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

the transmitter needs to be recharged every 14 days, but after the 1st restart, on day 7, I think it needs to be taken off and put back on, you can choose to recharge it if you want.. we never got good numbers after day 7, so we just do one restart.. you can keep going as long as the sensor is working accurately.

6. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I believe there is a difference between the "new" and "old" transmitters in this regard. The new ones can just be unhooked and reattached, but the old ones must be placed on the charger to reset the 7 day clock. I don't know when the "new" ones started going out, but we got ours last September, and it is definitely of the "old" variety.

7. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

I've restarted a sensor about 8 times. I was taking the transmitter off and recharging it every other time. If you just keep it on, it's only a 15 minute warm up, plus it irritated the site when I'd take it off.

8. lotsoftots

lotsoftots Approved members

Samantha just got a new transmitter last week wed...we had that one on till today ..great numbers right on track the only reason we changed it was because she knocked it out when pulling up her pants today..I was hoping to get a full 2 weeks out of it.