- advertisement -

How many people think this forum is one of, if not the, best resources they've had for helping them

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lisa P., Oct 4, 2010.

?

Do you think this site is an invaluable resource for your family?

1. Yes

91 vote(s)
    96.8%
  2. Not sure

3 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. Lisa P.

Lisa P. Approved members

their child with Type 1 diabetes?

2. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Yep, I would NOT want to travel this road alone!:cwds:

3. Charlotte'sMom

Charlotte'sMom Approved members

Definitely.

4. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Add me to the list.

Except I don't have a child with diabetes. But if I count myself as "my child with type 1 diabetes"..

5. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Oh, 100%. And I'm a big fan of all the books out there, but nothing, NOTHING beats the "real-time" advice you can always find on this site.

6. lauraqofu

lauraqofu Approved members

OMG! This board has been a life saver the last 6 months. I would never, ever have gotten through this without the support of the people here.

7. kyles_mom

kyles_mom Approved members

absolutely

8. LittleGuy'sMom

LittleGuy'sMom Approved members

Ditto this! Not just real-time advice but old threads are very helpful, too.

9. CamsMom

CamsMom Approved members

Our CWD was diagnosed in June of this year. I am so happy I have found this forum. I have learned so much from the real-time experience displayed here!

10. Midwestmomma

Midwestmomma Approved members

ABSOUTELY !!!

If it wasn't for this site...I'd have my head buried in the sand somewhere...or sitting in the corner rocking and crying.;) It has been a life saver....for me and my son w/D.

11. chbarnes

chbarnes Approved members

It's all the little things - what adhesives to use; how to write a 504, how to prepare for a sleepover.

It's learning that your not crazy - others have seen lows lasting hours in their teen when they were getting almost no insulin. And learning that some kids go up with exercise, and some kids go down - some kids will do both depending on what's going on.

It's learning that we all get maddening, inaccurate, and unsolicited advise.

It's realizing that we all get up, a lot, at night - and we are all tired.

What book is going to tell you all that?

12. AlisonKS

AlisonKS Approved members

heck yeah-the hospital we were going to was teaching us carb info with measuring cups-within weeks I learned from here that measuring cups were rather stupid with a toddler.

13. CamsMom

CamsMom Approved members

Exactly... because I am a reader and I have found none that have told me exactly like it is. I am very thankful for this forum.

14. Alex's Dad

Alex's Dad Approved members

Thanks to this forum , me and my wife started to think outside the box when it comes to managing diabetes. Thanks :cwds:

15. colebenmom

colebenmom Approved members

Absolutely, it has been a lifesaver. I have learned more here than I have learned from any other resource. It is good to "talk" to other people that have already experienced or are experiencing the same things you are.

16. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Ya, what he said.
    I thank Jeff in my heart everyday for starting CWD.

17. liasmommy2000

liasmommy2000 Approved members

Definitely. The sites from the ADA and JDRF have nothing on this site when it comes to actual care. When I first got online after dx, I was shocked at how useless the JDRF site really was when it came to the day to day care.

18. KHM

KHM Approved members

No offense pollster, voters but we have a bad case of ascertainment bias going on here. People who don't find the site useful don't check in and take polls. People who haven't ever seen the site can't say whether it has value.

Now. I've read a couple of really fine books. But beyond one or two of those, this is where I've learned what I need to know and found support when I felt ragged. No one else, not even my husband, has understood the way people here have understood.

19. LenasDad

LenasDad Approved members

Every day on this forum I gain more insight into how to deal with D. It's the reason I keep coming back.

20. Lisa P.

Lisa P. Approved members

LOL! My point was not to gather comprehensive stats.
    People will click a poll when they wouldn't drop a post into a thread.
    I wanted everyone who considers this site invaluable to have an easy opportunity to note it.
    Thanks to everyone who has.