- advertisement -

How many of you have used Skype?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Abby-Dabby-Doo, Jan 2, 2009.

?

Opinion of Skype

1. Love it

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Hate it

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. So-So

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Never heard of it?

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

What is your experiance with Skype?

Families in the military have used this maybe? It's free calling through the internet. Where a loved one might be in a different country but you're albe to stay in contact without the "hefty" phone bills.

2. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

remove personal info

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  3. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

I downloaded it and couldn't get it to work.

4. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Maddie likes it, but likes iChat better. Dh uses skype to stay in touch with friends in Europe and Africa, me... not even on my radar.:eek:

5. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

I've heard of it but have never used it. I don't talk very much on the regular phone as it is.

6. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

My phone has unlimited North American calling, and 1000 minutes international a month, I only call my mum, but the plan cheaper then this one ends up being more expensive, because we talk at least 1/2 an hour on week days and usually 5 or 6 times a day on weekends

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  7. buggle

buggle Approved members

I don't like Skype very well. I think iChat is best of these types of programs and Gizmo is far second behind. We used to use them when we lived overseas and it's nice to see and talk to people. It makes me less homesick.

8. Seans Mom

Seans Mom Approved members

Ditto.
    (too short)

9. piratelight

piratelight Approved members

We used it during DH's last deployment. We thought it was ok. It certainly was better than not being in contact with him as we had spent most of the deployment without any form of communication.

10. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

We use Skype with friends and family in Europe, and usually the connections are very clear.

11. MrsBadshoe

MrsBadshoe Super Moderator

We used it once While Kelley was at NYU this past summer...it was eerily cool. I know Blair my online gamer uses it all the time..

12. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

We're going to need something to keep in contact with a family member in another country.
    Any ideas other than Skype that works in other countries? **That doesn't cost an arm and a leg.:eek:

13. Rachel

Rachel Approved members

We are about to start using it with family in Eastern Ontario ... they just got high speed up on their "mountain" and we are going to start Skyping them soon. I'll let you know how it goes.

14. Emma'sDad

Emma'sDad Approved members

Had to use it for work one day because the boss was looking for ways to save money. I hated it and the customers hated it too because it was so choppy. One customer even said, please stop using that with me.

15. buggle

buggle Approved members

Lanae,

Do you just want voice or do you want video chat too? I'd try both Skype and Gizmo (since they're both free) and see which one works best for you. If you have Macs, then iChat is the way to go.

ETA: Try using headphones -- and better yet, headphones with a built-in mic to improve the sound quality.