- advertisement -

How did your symptoms of the h1n1 start?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Haleysmom2214, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Haleysmom2214

Haleysmom2214 Approved members

I am just curious, as I know everyone is different. But I just want to know to keep an eye on Haley. She started a fever around 2pm it was around 100. Went down but then around 5pm it came back up to 100. She hasnt been doing anything. She is acting normal and has normal bg's too!

2. BellasMom

BellasMom Approved members

From the people I've known that have had it...it started with a headache. It was a lot of body aches and pains, splitting headache, fever, and sometimes a sore throut.

3. jetsmom

jetsmom Approved members

My non-d son started with a sore throat on Wed after school. Fever the next morning (101 +) and mild sore throat. Next day fever at wake-up 102, controlled w/ Advil througout the day. Took him to ped, ped said that he probably has flu but mild case compared to what he has been seeing. Today, day 3, woke up with 102 again, but after a day of agressive Advil, actually saw normal temp. Hoping this is the end. My D boy is staying w/a friend although I've been a mad woman w/clorox wipes, lysol spray and purell.

4. MomOf2Boys-J.C.

MomOf2Boys-J.C. Approved members

Carter started off with a headache, slight cough, and was on the verge of a fever for most of the day. He had relatively normal bg's and had low ketones. Within about 10 hours, his fever had shot up to 103, had really bad body aches, trouble breathing and ketones were getting to scary levels. But bg did stay relatively normal.

5. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

Riley had a sore throat and headache, but nothing so bad she could not go to school. However, the nurse called me 1/2 hour after school started and her temp was over 100. A short time later her temp was over 103 and climbing very fast.

I should add that the flu was not confirmed since we went though ER and they were swamped. However, I talked to her reg nurse and she told me she did have it and not to worry about getting her the vaccine now.

It all happened really quick.

6. karliesmom

karliesmom Approved members

I'm glad this was posted. I wasn't sure if Karlie had H1N1 but after reading the symptoms everyone is posting I am fairly sure that is what she had. Hers started with a headache one night, croupy cough and headache next morning then the fever started. She got as high as 102.5 but I was able to control it with Motrin. We had moderate ketones and fairly high numbers for a day then ketones tapered to trace for a few days after the fever broke. Thank goodness it came and went pretty fast...three days.

7. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

Headache, then coughing, then fever and general icky-ness. Only my oldest spiked a high fever - he hit 104, but was fine (well, 99-101) with regular doses of Motrin for the next 48 hours. The rest of us really didn't see anything higher than 101.

We didn't get our confirmed because the kids' doctor's office was swamped..