- advertisement -

How did you go about deciding on a pump?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by chkpea, Sep 6, 2009.

1. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 Approved members

We agree!!! We also LOVE the Cozmoniter. We hate to switch next year.

Our childrens hospital has pump expos every few months. All the pump reps are there with infusion set samples and show the different features the pump has. My son checked them all out and made the decision.

Our endo had no recommendations. They felt it was a personal choice for each patient.

2. mom2two

mom2two Approved members

2 months after son's dx I saw the OmniPod in a magazine and instantly knew we wanted it. Did my research then called Insulet, had the rep out to our house, spoke with clinic, etc. We had to wait a year to pump which I wouldn't change, almost year to date we were pumping.

3. mjtjmcouch

mjtjmcouch Approved members

We went for the ping for a couple reasons. Small dose ability and the accuracy (at least in the research) beat the competition and the ability to bolus as my son is walking around, I don't need to touch the pump. I like the minimed being linked to cgms though.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  4. Wendyb

Wendyb Approved members

We chose the MM because of the ability to integrate with a CGMS. Our son was 4 when we started pumping and 5 when we started using the CGMS feature. It is nice having just one unit for both. I have heard that Animas may integrate in the future but not sure.

5. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

What do you mean by accuracy? Can you explain?

6. skyleysmom

skyleysmom Approved members

That makes sense. If she could have gone with the less cumbersome option I would have liked it. But I am happy to think that if her insulin needs increase she will have plenty of room in that pump!