- advertisement -

How about remission, please?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ashtensmom, Oct 9, 2012.

1. ashtensmom

ashtensmom Approved members

I am in burnout mode right now, so this post is more of a vent. A cure for type 1 would be the ultimate, but I really wish that in the meantime that there is something that can be done to put our kids in "remission". I mean there are all these studies that mentions that beta cells can be regenerated, but it is the autoimmunity that prevents the ultimate cure and depletes the beta cells. I wish they could pump our kids full of beta cells that would enable remission for "xx" number of months so that they can live normally until the ultimate cure is found. Just saying :cwds:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  2. Anja821

Anja821 Approved members

wouldn't that be nice. I'd love diabetes to just take a freaking holiday once in a while!

3. Joretta

Joretta Approved members

I could use one. Not to compare but other illnesses at least have that hope. Ours is cure or go on.

4. mysweetwill

mysweetwill Approved members

Sometimes I feel its all BS anyway, I constantly ask about those studies because my son has no autoantibodies- wouldnt it work for kids like him? Studies everywhere, but none put into practice.

Im in such a mood...