- advertisement -

Hot and Sour Soup CARB FREE(?)

Discussion in 'Recipe Exchange' started by Brideyful, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Brideyful

Brideyful Approved members

Hot and Sour Soup

1 lb thin slice pork <thinly cut into strips>
    2 TBS Sesame oil
    1 tsp red pepper flake <or more depending on your taste>
    8 oz mushrooms <button, shitake, assorted>
    1 can bamboo shoots , drained and sliced into matchsticks
    1/4C Rice wine Vineger <or more if you like it sour>
    1 Blk firm tofu cut into cubes
    2 TBS Soy Sauce
    4 Knorr <yellow box> large chicken boullion cubes
    12 C. Water
    1 Egg beaten
    1/2C. Green Onion sliced into rings at an angle

In saute pan heat oil and red pepper flake to smoking add pork and quickly cook add mushrooms and cook through deglaze pan with vineger getting all bits off the bottom of the pan, remove from heat, add boullion cubes and soften and break up, stirring into meat mixture adding a little water if needed. Put this into the preheated crock pot, add tofu, Soy Sauce and 12c. of water. Cook in crock pot at least 4 hours on high or longer hold well for HOURS. For the last step though crockpot must be bubbling at the edges, slowly stir in 1 beaten egg, this should be done before serving and will cook egg and thicken soup some. Garnish with green onion. It will clean out the sinus' if you are sick or not...YUMMY! AND CARBS SO SMALL I CAN"T EVEN FIGURE THEM OUT PER SERVING...CARB FREE?

2. Reese'sMom

Reese'sMom Approved members

I will have to try this. I always order this soup in Chinese restaurants. Do your kids like it?

3. Brideyful

Brideyful Approved members

the 2 year old loves spicy stuff (she is the only one in the house who will eat my thai food) and she LOOOVVVVEEESS it...My six year old (the T1) opts for PB&J:(