- advertisement -

homemade cinnamon rolls.. forgot to dose.

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Cabins Crue, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Cabins Crue

Cabins Crue Approved members

We had a brunch this morning and I made overnight cinnamon rolls.. four hours in the kitchen last night. Only to have my son forget to dose for two of the rolls. When we checked he was 557.. OMG.. it took us five hours a walk around the block.. jogging up and down the block and a correction.(not in that order of course).. to get him to 122. That was so scary. And of course we were all a emotional wreak. He thought we were made at him.. we were just worried and scared. At least a huge lesson. Make sure he doses after a sweet breakfast. Just had to vent a little.

2. Jacob'sDad

Jacob'sDad Approved members

You did fine.:) Now you know how to get BG from 557 to 122. These things happen. Heck, if I bolus Jacob right before a sweet breakfast he will still go to 350 almost every time. He comes back down, but I have to prebolus by quite a bit to avoid the big spike.

Good job! You rock!:cwds:

3. CaitlynGrisham

CaitlynGrisham Approved members

I've forgotten to bolus for things so many times that it should be a crime. I've even done it once in HomeTown Buffet. Can you say disaster? :eek:
    At least you recognized what happened and took the steps to solve the problem. :)
    You did good! Don't beat yourself up over it :)

4. Lee

Lee Approved members

Unfortunately Coco forgets to give herself insulin semi-frequently. It happens and you handled it like a pro!

One word of caution - don't exercise if there are ketones!

5. Blue

Blue Approved members

So glad you figured out what happened and fixed it . . .

Now you've got me wanting a cinamon roll!