- advertisement -

Hm. Question.

Discussion in 'Teens' started by NoName, Apr 27, 2008.

1. NoName

NoName Approved members

My dad usually goes on the Parents of Children with type 1 threads, and he told me about one that someone posted about fakers.
    Have any of you encountered fakers?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  2. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

My friends joke about it, but i've never had someone actually fake being diabetic. I go to a small Christian school so that could have a lot to do with it also. The other day at soccer practice I was eating glucose tabs cuz I was low and my teammates wanted some so I said sure and gave them some. I told them my mom was going to wonder where all my tabs went, and they said to tell her that the rest of my team is diabetic and was low. lol :D

3. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Yeah if my cousin is hungry she'll go up to my mom and say "Hey, Aunt Tena, I'm LOW" Of course she doesn't really mean it, she just likes glucose tabs. So I gave her a bottle of them :D She's always teasing anyway :D

4. rachabetic

rachabetic Approved members

Hey!!! I do that!!!! :DReally I do...I have major fears of the shots they use at the doctors!!!! I am so scared of them, that I have/probably never will give myself a shot or do a site change in my arm even though I know that the needles I use are much smaller and don't go into the muscle. Whenever I tell someone that I am afraid of going to get a shot, they say "you shouldn't be scared, your diabetic"!!

5. miss_behave

miss_behave Approved members

There was this girl at my school, not really a friend just an acquaintance, who started telling everyone that she was type 2 and the doctor had made her go on a special diet or something. She had previously told everyone she was allergic to orange juice... My good friend brought it up with me "hey she's got diabetes too," I'm like :rolleyes: She wasn't overweight or anything, I just pegged her as a faker, it seemed really unlikely. Of course she was faking and it was never brought up again. I found it interesting, there were several girls in my grade, that always had some "condition" or other. Always something new. I dunno, maybe its a teen girl attention-seeking kind of thing. :confused: I think diabetes would be pretty hard to fake in real life though. The injections, bg testing, lows & highs etc, you can't just pretend.

6. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Yeah, it would be a hard thing to pull off, faking D. I never can tell when my lil cousin Dylan is faking illness or not. Like when he wants attention he'll fake-cough, and to someone older than him, you can tell it's fake! Like he'll give symptoms, like something running down his throat, but you can't hear it in his cough! (I dunno if anyone else notices stuff like that) He's like 11. So I just makes sure he gets a good dose of extra-strength cough syrup from his mother. :D Terrible ain't I?