- advertisement -

Highs

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by coeen, Feb 15, 2013.

1. coeen

coeen Approved members

So why does it seem harder to get a high number down at night then during the day? It seems if my son goes to bed high even with a correction, I still have to give him another correction at 2 am. If he goes to be within range then I don't have any problems. Do you adjust basal rates at night to help with the highs? His sensitivity factor is seems to be set right too. Just wondering? :cwds:

2. maciasfamily

maciasfamily Approved members

Yes, they do seem more stubborn at night!

If I notice it's a pattern (after 3 days in a row, or 4 out of 7 days) then I'll make a basal change.
    If it just is sparingly here or there a high, I'll correct, but also do a temp basal + to get him lower sooner. We have a Dexcom, so I'm able to see where the arrow is going and if it shows he's still rising, then I'll for sure do the temp basal for a few hrs. Most times this works so that I don't have to correct again in a few hrs.

3. nebby3

nebby3 Approved members

Maybe he needs a different correction factor at night? Could also be growth hormones fighting you. I often think what happens during the day comes out at night.

4. coeen

coeen Approved members

Thanks much for your advice.
    :D