- advertisement -

High School students taking SAT/ACT article

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by tiffanie1717, Feb 28, 2009.

1. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

I was leafing through the ADA's magazine, Diabetes Forecast. They had an interesting article about teenagers with diabetes taking the SAT (or other similiar high-stakes standardized tests). They offered a guideline for being prepared. My D kids are only 5 and 7, but I took it out to save it. I found it online and thought I'd share.

** I didn't read the whole article. Just browsed the first part. It looked like it had some good info in there. But, like I said, my kids are a long way from the SATs so I didn't invest TOO much time studying it. :)

http://forecast.diabetes.org/magazine/features/tools-you-can-use

Hope it's useful to someone!

2. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

That article was helpful. I already got College board accommodations, but I was wondering does the IB program have accommodations and apparently it looks like it. So I need to ask for that.

For the College board accommodations, I had gotten the ability to stop the test to treat, and it wouldn't affect the test/breaks. I got ability to test blood sugar, and to have food and drinks, there was something else but I can't remember and the letter is downstairs.

3. cockatiel

cockatiel Approved members

I was grateful for the article. We homeschool, so I haven't had to deal with schools at all. Getting special accommodations will be quite an interesting process for us, but this article made it seem quite do-able.

My dd is just in 7th, but she will be taking her first SAT2 in 2.5 years. Time flies, and I appreciate knowing a bit about what lies ahead for us.