- advertisement -

High after pod changes....question

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Tracy1918, Jun 17, 2011.

1. taximom

taximom Approved members

Same here.
    We always bolus a minimum of 1 extra unit.

2. swellman

swellman Approved members

We used to see it pretty often - in fact there were a few other threads on the same subject here. I can't honestly say, though, that we've seen many post-change highs of late. Other than absorption issues at a new site I can't speculate on a reason. The cannula is fully primed and filled. One thing that crossed my mind was the stress of a change. Perhaps the child is anxious about the change or the process is painful or just aggravating or just a more solid reminder of the realities of the disease and all that causes a spike. Our changes are like a NASCAR pit stop now and perhaps the anxiety is gone and that's why we don't see them anymore.

On the other hand I wouldn't think twice about at 160ish spike post change and being attributed to it - that falls within the daily noise. Not that it couldn't - I just wouldn't think about it.