- advertisement -

Hi there

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by angua, Apr 8, 2010.

1. angua

angua Approved members

*waves* I'm new here, but alas, not new to diabetes! :(

Was dx'ed 13 years ago at the age of 16 with what my docs thought may be MODY (long family history, little, if any, insulin resistance), but decided, cause I was a bit overweight, that they'd treat it with oral meds, a la T2. 13 years later and my endo's switched me over to insulin on Lantus + Novolog MDI routine. Am still learning the ropes of managing my control with insulin, and the doc's been pretty slow in acknowledging that I may have MODY rather than T2. Figured I probably needed some extra support too! So hey there! :D

2. Kayla and Ethan's Mom

Kayla and Ethan's Mom Approved members

Welcome! I'm sure you will find that support you need here! This is a great site!

3. angua

angua Approved members

Hey! Thanks! Just really found my feet in the US, and then bam, huge medical changes too... Oh well!

4. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

Welcome. I hope that everything gets figured out. I am glad you stopped by to say hi.

5. Richard157

Richard157 Approved members

Hello angua, welcome to this wonderful community! I hope you are doing well after 13 years of Type 1. You will find insulin to be excellent at giving you good control. I have been Type 1 for 64 years and I am very healthy. I was diagnosed in 1945 when I was 6.

If you have any questions, please ask. There is very good support here.

Richard

6. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

Hello! Glad you found us! I know there are others on here with MODY, so you should find the support you need! :)

7. angua

angua Approved members

Thanks guys! I've been mainly lurking around, reading old threads and things like that. I probably will have a whole rash of questions eventually, but so far a lot of the old threads have been fantastic, and enlightening me about things I never knew before (like why female bodies are so darn weird!). I'm sure I'll have lots of questions eventually too!