- advertisement -

Hi, old Friends.

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mmgirls, Feb 18, 2017.

1. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

So, its been awhile.

I just wanted to let you all know we are doing good. McKenna is 12 now and we are waiting with baited breath for the next stage of life, Madison is almost 9 and waiting on the next growth spurt.

They are so different! Madison is so much muscular and thinner than Mckenna was, yet she requires way more insulin than McKenna did at the same age or weight.

McKenna has been on Tresiba for a bit, and things are wacky. She needs way less Tresiba overnight and we are having drifting lows.

She has dropped her TDD from 45 to 37 with no other changes. Her huge breakfast bolus has been hit or miss. we are trying to figure it out again.

I feel like I am new at this again. Wish me luck.

2. wilf

wilf Approved members

Hey there - why Tresiba and not Lantus?

3. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

Many PWD who use Tresiba rave about its ability to optimally control BG with significantly fewer lows. For most people, there is no peak in action and its duration of action is vastly superior to Lantus. Plus it doesn't sting or burn for most people like Lantus does.

4. dpr

dpr Approved members

We've been on the day by day plan for the last 6 months. Sometimes high all night, last night was low all night. Sometimes any meal leads to double up arrows in 20 minutes with massive corrections other meals need carb 30 min later to keep form crashing. Then a week of normal good control. Just a roller coaster 11 year old.
    Glad you guys are doing well otherwise. It seems like after you feel like you've got a lot years behind you and have a good handle on it all the rules change, again!

5. wilf

wilf Approved members

I've been reading about headaches in some users..

6. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Nope none here.

We are trying it because i had heard of less nighttime hypo-glycemis and less exercise induced lows.

But honestly we have had more lows than ever! But we have been working on it and it is much better now. I am still up in the air about it, but keeping with it because things are feeling more predictable.

7. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

we switched to levimir because my youngst was in crying pain from Lantus.

8. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

McKenna has gone from 16 units of levimir down to 10 on Tresiba, still figuring out PE. we are targeting to 150 at lunch but still seeing a drop at pe that is more than 2 hours later.