- advertisement -

Hi not so new but new here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bethnsammysmomme, Aug 9, 2009.

1. bethnsammysmomme

bethnsammysmomme Approved members

Hi My name is Joanne,I am a mom to 5 amazing beautiful girls.14,12,10,7 & 3.
    Six yrs ago our second oldest was dx with type1 .I thought that was one of the hardest things to ever go through ,and my husband and I have often told the story many times about how we had to hold her well she was screaming and crying not get shots and a nurse telling us we have to give her the shots to keep her alive and it being the worst thing ever for us .
    That was until two wks ago when i found myself in the hosptial with my 3yr going through the exact same thing .I believe i am still in shock and am very very angry that 2 of my children have to live with this .I am scared for them both .I will post more l8r as right now I am falling apart just typing this .

2. Jordan

Jordan Approved members

Hi Joanne!
    Welcome to the CWD family.
    I'm really very sorry that you have to be here at all, but at least here you know you are not alone!
    My heart goes out to you and your newly diagnosed daughter.. I know the feeling of being diagnosed all too well.

3. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

Joanne, I am so sorry that you now have two children with diabetes. It seems like there have been a lot of second dx in families lately.

When you feel up to it, we will be here to try and help you through it.

4. 2type1s

2type1s Approved members

Please let me say how very sorry I am. I'm just so sad for you. I have 3 girls, and my middle was diagnosed at 4 years of age when I was 8 months pregnant with my youngest. My youngest was diagnosed 8 years later. It was really the saddest day of my life. I was so mad that this had happened again to my family.....the shock and depression were actually worse than with the first because I knew exactly what I was in for. I found this website shortly after Zoe was diagnosed and these people here have been a support to me like noone else. It seems lately there have been a rash of 2nd dx's and it is very upsetting. Feel free to PM me anytime...Sharon

5. bethnsammysmomme

Sharon ty it does help knowing someone understand how we feel.makes me sad also .I get so angry when people say "oh well at least you know what to do because you have beth " Like thats suppose to make it better somehow that dosnt help at all It is worse like you said because you do know what you are in for .
    oh and the second thing i hate is when they say "well at least she was dx young so thats all she will rember" umm excatly how is being dx young suppose to be better ughhh

6. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Joanne Im so sorry:( ((hugs)) We will all be here to comfort and support you always. There are several parents in here that have 2 children with d, they will reach out to you and show understanding as only they can do. God bless you dear:cwds:

7. BeerMargaritaMom

BeerMargaritaMom Approved members

Like everyone else, I am sorry that you have a reason to be here but glad you found this group. I know how angry you are. I also have two kids with D. My youngest was dxd back in Feb or 07, then this last April my oldest was dxd. I am still angry and still sad. We just pray that our middle kiddo doesn't develop it.
    I didn't join the forums until last month while at the CWD Friends For Life conference. Meeting some of the CWD forum users in person prompted me to get more involved online. And since then I have found myself wondering why I flew solo for so long when so much support was at my finger tips. I hope you find the same support and encouragment. At the same time, I thought I knew all I could know about D, but in just the last month I have learned tricks of the trade that would have taken me another year or more to figure out. Thus, I hope that you find new ideas or new ways of doing things helpful as well.
    Hugs and Prayers to you and your girls. There will be a cure in our lifetime.

8. gboysmom

gboysmom Approved members

My heart goes out to you. I'm sorry...so sorry. :(

I will say this place is THE BEST place to come for the support and understanding you need. :cwds:

9. hold48398

hold48398 Approved members

Hi there. I am so glad you found us. I am so sorry about the dx of your little girl now :(. How heartbreaking. Hang in there, sweetie!!!!

10. 2type1s

2type1s Approved members

Joanne...I hear you loud and clear...I sent you a PM!

11. melissajm

melissajm Approved members

Hi Joanne...I also sent you a PM.

12. bethnsammysmomme

Thank you so much .It is comforting in some ways to know im not alone but in other ways it breaks my heart to know someone else feels how our family does.
    It comes in waves still i break down fall apart then get angry then fear I dont think i will ever feel ok .Not so long as they are still sick .
    It frustrating the way peoples minds think that dont undertsand exactly what its like to have a child with diabetes ,nevermind 2 .

13. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

Joanne, I'm so sorry your family had to go thru this ordeal twice. It just doesn't seem fair. YOu will get all kinds of support and advice here tho.

14. redcurls3

redcurls3 Approved members

I have two also

Sorry to hear about your diagnoses. I too am going through the same thing right now. Even though my children don't have to go through all of the insulin shots, I still have to check their blood sugars. I know what you mean about being angry when people say "at least you know what to do" and "at least you caught it early". I get so angry when people say that to me. It kills me every day that my newborn baby girl will always have to know what it means to be "sticked" (as my 4 year old calls it). Yes, they will be used to it, but it doesn't make it any easier to live with it. It doesn't make it any more fair for them. I still have days when I cry out "why me?" but then I think "why not me?" too. Maybe there is a reason for this that God has not revealed to me yet. My prayers are with you and all of the other families who have to go through this. We are here for you when you need support and sometimes, a shoulder to cry on. (((HUGS)))

15. Toni

Toni Banned

Hi, Joanne. So sorry you have to go through a diabetes diagnosis a second time. It must be quite a shock. Praying you will have the strength to deal with this, yet somehow know that you do. I am stunned, reading these boards, at how many have more than one diagnosis in the family. Not expected, because they tell you the odds are so slim. Keep us updated when you can.

16. Toni

Toni Banned

Welcome and sorry you have to be here. That last sentence of your post hit me.... that one of your daughters was dx'd six years ago, all was well..... you had dealt with the diagnosis, until your youngest daughter was just diagnosed... now you have two with D. So very unfair. I don't think it is fortunate that she was dx'd at a younger age. Yes, that will be all she knows and she may be more compliant. I feel, if you have to get it, the older the better, grateful for any year lived free of D. Harder to face the younger the child. There are quite a few on these boards who have two with D. They will be able to help you. I can only sympathize and hope your 3 year old is coping.