- advertisement -

hi,my name's Leah

Discussion in 'Siblings and Friends' started by mom of 5, Apr 21, 2007.

1. mom of 5

mom of 5 Approved members

Hi,my name's Leah and I'm ten years old.I've had diabetes for about 4 weeks now so I'm really new to all of this stuff.When we found out I had diabetes my blood sugar was somewhere in the 200's.:( When I went to the doctor's he took my blood sugar and it was high so he told me to go to the endocrinologist.They took my blood again and it was a little lower but still in the 200's.Then they took my blood with a needle and put it into the little container things.They told me that I had diabetes.What a shock!:eek: When I went back a few days later,he said that the blood test had turned out negative when it was supposed to turn out positive.Soooo....it turns out that
    I might not even have diabetes but the doctor is still 95% sure that I do.I REALLY want to talk to other kids my age.So just go ahead and type to me in the Siblilngs and Friends forum.
    Leah
    P.S. the doctor called me a scrawny little kid!I was thinking"Excuse ME!!:mad:

2. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

Hi i'm Hailey . i have had diabetes for about 6 months. I'm starting the continous glucose moniter on the 24 of April. It is a system that checks your sugers so you dont have to prick you fingers as often! I will also be starting the pump on May 22.It gives you insulin so you dont have to take shotes. There are not to many kids I know that have diabetes that are 10.
    Hailey

3. mom of 5

hi

I like the name Hailey.:) When you get your pump,let me know how it is.We're considering it for me.Well,let's try to stay in touch.By the way,I live in California.Where do you live?
    Sincerely,;)
    Leah

4. DeeMonkey

DeeMonkey New Member

hi leah my name is deanna and i was diagnosed on july 25,2006 and i am looking forword to going on the pump and the CGMS with the mm, I want the blue one.:D right now im on shots. and sometimes they hurt,:( but sometimes it does not hurt so much. the hardest part of having diabetes is you cant always have what you want to eat, and sometimes it can get really scary, cuz when you go low it feels really bad and its scary cuz you dont really know what's happening. When I go low, my legs start to shake and if I dont fix it quick enough my hands and whole body start to shake and my face gets all sweaty and i look really pale , like a ghost:eek: . when im high, i get really bad headachs. the good part of having D is that now at least I know what made me feel so bad before, and now that im on insulin, i feel much better, i lost a lot of weight, but i feel a lot more healthy. well if you want someone to talk to, just e -mail me or you can talk to me here.
    anyway, hope you really dont have D, but if you do, your welcome here.;)

5. mom of 5

hi

Hi Deanna,
    So you've had diabetes a while now.Well,If I do have diabetes I think I would want the pump:) I would also want a blue one.The only thing is that I have to find out if I do have "it" for sure.I'm also scared that when they put the wire in it will hurt.When you get it would you let me know? I'm really confused with all the D things.:confused:Thanks.Bye.
    Sincerely,
    Leah

6. Dolphin_24

Dolphin_24 Approved members

Me

I'm on the CGMS too!