- advertisement -

Hi from NZ

Discussion in 'Teens' started by tylerbetic, Jun 30, 2007.

1. tylerbetic

tylerbetic Approved members

Hi, my name is Tyler and I am 11. I live in New Zealand with my mum, dad and big brother Sam. I was told I had type 1 diabetes on 29 November 2006. I have 2 injections every day. I hate having finger pricks and injections.
    I would like to hear from anybody so I can make some cool friends around the world.
    Tyler

2. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

Hi Tyler, welcome to the board (sorry you had to join us)
    My name is Rae, I'm 16. I've had Type 1 D for 9 years. I live in the US and love Soccer!! If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

3. tylerbetic

Hi Rae heres a question I have for you.

Does handling diabetes get easier once you've gotten used to it?

Tyler

4. s0ccerfreak

It gets easier in some ways and harder in others. You will be use to everything and know exactly what you need to do to stay healthy, but you might get kinda "sick" of it and not want to do those things. While your going through puberty, the change in your hormones will cause your numbers to go crazy, so it may seem like its getting harder- but once your hormones are back to a normal level things will normalize again. One thing that I have found that is great is Diabetes Camps. If there is one in your area you should definately look into going. They are a great place to meet kids your age who are going through the same things as you, know exactly how you feel, you will learn a lot about how to take better care of yourself, and you will gain great friends.

5. tylerbetic

I've already been to one of the diabetes camp, I went to the one in jan this year u said I would make lots of friends and I did.

Tyler

6. s0ccerfreak

Glad to hear that you made a lot of friends, I hope you had a great time. I leave for D camp in a month...I cant wait, I love camp. but i'm sad cuz its the last year that I can go as a camper.

7. tylerbetic

I see u love soccer so do I, I also love rippa rugby, I have another question 4 u

who is your favorite band/singer? because mine is my chemical romance

8. s0ccerfreak

My favorite band is Dashboard Confessional, but my favorite song is Crazy by Gnarles Barkley (my friends all say it reminds them of me)

9. tylerbetic

I sorta like dashboard confessional but the only song I like from them is stolen.
    sorry for asking so much questions but what is your fav movie,mine is Shrek 1,2 and 3 and are u on a pump or injections.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  10. s0ccerfreak

Questions are fine with me! My favorite movie would have to be Ladder 49. And I'm on a minimed pump but I also take one shot of lantus. What is your favorite thing to do? Do you have msn messenger or aim?

11. tylerbetic

my fav thing to do is probably going on long bushwalks and going to the gym.

12. earruda

earruda Approved members

Tyler - Dude, you're from NZ!? I'm Margo but you can call me Mango and I'm 13. I have had diabetes for 3 1/2 years. I really want to go to NZ. Have you ever been to Weta Workshop? I want to work there in the Massive Department building huge armies like from LOTR. ANYONE WHO LIKES LORD OF THE RINGS, PLEASE RESPOND!!!!!

13. earruda

earruda Approved members

Had Diabetes for 3.5 years and am not to thrilled about it. Mae Govannon!

Dude, you're from NZ!? I'm Margo but you can call me Mango and I'm 13. I have had diabetes for 3 1/2 years and live in Maine. I really want to go to NZ. Have you ever been to Weta Workshop? I want to work in the Massive Department building huge digital armies like from Lord of the Rings. I am a total computer geek and love to read. Do you? If so, who are your favorite authors? I know this sounds insane but I don't really care... I can speak elvish. ANYONE WHO LIKES LORD OF THE RINGS, PLEASE RESPOND!!!!![/QUOTE]

14. tylerbetic

no i haven't been to a weta workshop but have you heard of the movie 30 days of night? It was filmed behind where I live and we could see them filming from our house. and yes i do like lord of the rings, what is your fave one.

15. Ithilfey

Ithilfey Approved members

Sorry about the switch in names, I was checking the website out on my mom's account. I would have to say that my favorite LotR was the Two Towers, the book anyway because the movie didn't really follow it that well. I just love how the ents rise up after hundreds or is it thousands of years and fight for their forest. What is your favorite book? Have you ever read the Sword of Shannara?

16. tylerbetic

My fave book/s is definitely Goosebumps. I have never heard of the other book but maybe I should look for it and read it.
    Where in America do you live? What other things do you like? Do you like Anime? I love it!
    I am going to England in March and stopping in Hong Kong for a week. I am really hoping to buy some anime while i am there. we are going to see my grandparents.
    How long have you been learning elvish? Do you know my elvish name?
    Please write soon.

17. Ithilfey

Sorry I haven't written back for a while, the man who lived across the street from us committed suicide last weekend. It's been pretty tough. He helped me in my boat building class. I didn't know him well, but I knew him enough to miss him when he was gone.Tyler, your elvish name is Caradirund. I have been teaching myself elvish for about a year now. I was watching the Fellowship and tried to pick up on what they were saying. If you want any elvish info, go to arwen-undomiel.com. That's were I get most of my info as well, plus they have great quizzes. According to them I rule Rivendell, am married to Legolas, and am an elf. Guess I can't argue with that. I also like to play video games (Tomb Raider rocks!) and watch Seinfeld. I am also learning how to play Risk. Have you ever seen it? I live in Midcoast Maine. From what I've heard, NZ is a lot like Maine.
    What is Anime, I've never heard of it before.

18. tylerbetic

anime is the traditional cartoon drawing of japan, you don't see much of it here which is pretty stupid because you get it in every other country

19. Ithilfey

Anime sounds cool! Have you ever watched the show "Seinfeld?" It's my favorite show. We have every season on dvd

20. tylerbetic

Never watched seinfeld. My favourite tv show is SpongeBob Squarepants. I think he is so funny. My mum likes him too!
    had a look at that elvish website. it was cool. I am Samwise, or Legolas. My mum was Frodo and her perfect match was Orlando Bloom. She was happy with that.