- advertisement -

Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MomOf3SweetGirls, Aug 17, 2008.

1. MomOf3SweetGirls

MomOf3SweetGirls New Member

Hello everyone, my name is Mary. My 6 year old daughter Cassidy was just diagnosed on August 13. She had what I know now are the classic symptoms. Drinking a lot of water, going to the bathroom a lot, etc. She also had mood swings but Cassidy is mildly autistic so I though that possibly that was what was causing them but unfortunately it wasn't. She is now back to being healthy and happy and she is seeming to not mind it all that much. Right now it is all so much to handle and I feel like my head is just spinning around and around. It is so hard to comprehend the fact that she is going to have this disease for the rest of her life.

I have 2 other daughters. Taylor who is 8 and Maddison who is 11. They are both very supportive of their sister. I live in Texas with all of my kids and my hubby. I hope to get to know all of you better. This seems like it is going to be a great site for help and information.

2. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughters recent diagnosis. :( (((HUGS))) But, I am glad that you found cwd, and early too. It's really great here, and everyone is always here to offer kind words, prayers, and help. It's wonderful. So, welcome to cwd!! :)

Stay strong, it does get easier.

Malyssa

3. Denise

Denise Approved members

First of all..welcome to CWD. I'm sorry you had a reason to find us, but am so glad that you are here with us. We were diagnosed May 13 ...just 3 months ago. I can promise you that while your head is spinning now, you WILL be okay. Welcome to the new "normal"! I am still overwhelmed at times but feel MUCH more confident that I CAN learn how to do this for Molly. This IS the place to be for information, support, etc. NO question is a dumb one. There is one phrase you will hear a lot of here... "YDMV" it means your diabetes may vary. While we will be here and give you our experiences and others can guide you, your child's diabetes and how they react may differ some from what others experience. It IS normal. We all share our experiences in hopes that someone out there can benefit. Again, welcome...

4. semperwife

semperwife Approved members

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your daughter's recent diagnosis but thankfully you have found CWD. Pretty soon you will get into a routine and things will get easier.

Big Hugs to your whole family. I know it feels overwhelming right now but soon you will have a better understanding of what is going on.

Don't forget there is also the chat rooms and the mailing lists that many of our families find useful. I can't live without the parents mailing lists.

5. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

hi,
    i'm sorry that your daughter has diabetes, but CWD is really a great place. the people here are great and really know what they are talking about. don't be afraid to ask questions. everybody does. so welcome to CWD:cwds:

6. Scotty's Mum

Scotty's Mum Approved members

Hello and welcome. Sorry for your daughters dx, but well done in finding this place so quickly. This place is a wealth of information and support, and there is usually someone around who is able to answer any question you may have. The early days can be overwhelming, but things do get easier.

7. CButler

CButler Approved members

It sounds like you have really been through alot. My daughter has Sensory Processing Issues and we're getting more tests next week to see if there's anything else. I'm afraid the diabetes and SPD don't work well together at times, but it has gotten better. Hang in there and remember your daughter is special!

8. Tau1061

Tau1061 Approved members

You'll soon realize that your family just got A LOT BIGGER and your daughter just got THOUSANDS of new friends!:D

9. cowdenclan

cowdenclan Approved members

WELCOME to CWD...you're in the right place!

10. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

Hi Mary and Welcome. I'm sorry you have to join us but you've found the best place for support! Ask whatever questions you have and someone will be around to help you out.