- advertisement -

Hey guys!

Discussion in 'Teens' started by icanhazjoy, Feb 9, 2010.

1. icanhazjoy

icanhazjoy Approved members

Okay, so I'm working on this thing... I'll post it here when I'm done perhaps. But I need to know something from you guys. What do you find to be the biggest burden on you regarding diabetes? The biggest... annoyance, the most detrimental thing you have to do... or put up with.

Thanks in advance? I'm counting on you guys!

2. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

Probably all of the symptoms of high/low bg's. I hate that. D really requires you to listen to your body, and know what everything means. Shaky, headache, tired, thirsty, etc.....you guys know what I mean. :/

3. Leah

Leah Approved members

Probably when I'm feeling low, and i can't concentrate on somthing i'm trying to do.

4. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

What annoys me is people judging everything you eat, especially when they add "If I give you a ______ you won't go into shock/a coma?"

5. beck95

beck95 Approved members

when i wake up low or high.

6. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

all of it, lol! The way i feel when i'm high/low, all the needles, people who are nasty or overly helpful.......

(you should probably know that i just got an in-grown toenail cut out on thursday, so i'm in a 'special' mood.....:eek:)

7. mommy2joshua

mommy2joshua Approved members

Not being able to sleep like I used to because I'm always afraid of my son being low and having another seizure while he's sleeping.

8. Rukio

Rukio Banned

For me its quite a few things:
    1. When I'm trying to do school and I just start crying and getting angry for no apparent reason.
    2. When I can't go to other people's houses because everyones afraid I'll pass out.
    3. When my grandma tells me to stop acting like a three year old because I have a high or low and she doesn't seem to care that my emotion level changes.
    4. When people eat over half my french fries, claiming they'll raise my bloodsugar.
    5. When I can't just be left alone so I can deal with my own problems.
    6. When I realized I'll never be able to be an Animal Control Officer, because you have to be physically fit.
    7. When people see the lines on my feet and think I'm weird.

9. x1rebelx

x1rebelx Approved members

Well, the most aggravating?

top 5:
    1) Infusion set issues sometime during the night, waking up puking because your sugar is 550 and you have ketones
    2) People randomly pulling on your pump cord saying "Whats this?" ..Even once with a teacher thinking it was headphones :mad:
    3) Overly helpful teachers thinking that everything wrong with you relates to diabetes, even a cold (wtf?)
    4) People that know nothing about D telling you how you should take care of yourself (Like someone telling you to correct a low with insulin.. really? lol)
    5) when your lancets become uncapped in your glucometer pack and the lancets manage to slip into your pocket and stab you repeatedly until you realize your bleeding (this happens to me often hahaha)

those are mine though, the bad thing is for number 1 is thats just 1 step closer to the grave, the good thing is I didn't have to go to school the times it did happen!

10. Timmy Mac

Timmy Mac Approved members

lets see...

-when complete strangers stare at me while im taking shots.
    -when my friends ask "does that hurt?" (i usually tell them "wanna find out")
    -people who say they could never give themselves shots
    -people who have to leave the room when im giving a shot because it makes them uncomfortable
    -teachers not letting me eat candy
    -people who confuse it with type 2
    -uncaring endos
    -when my pen doesn't work
    -random high blood sugars that you have no idea where they came from
    -when people freak out because your BG is at 67
    -the school nurse taking me by hand through the lunch line when im low
    -track practice with high blood sugars

and i should probably stop before i realize how much diabetes sucks

11. Rayuzaki

Rayuzaki Approved members

*sigh* do i need to pick 1? lol, well the most annoying is being asked the same question by the same person or 2 ppl one rite after the other and the 2nd herd the 1st person once or twice evry day and occlusions, and for those who dont kno wat that is, its when the tubing has a kink in it or the insulin is being blocked some how, happens to me all the time

12. Anneke

Anneke Approved members

I find it hard to rember to bolus every time I eat. I have to do that because I'm on pump. And I hate when i'm high or low.:(

13. icanhazjoy

icanhazjoy Approved members

Holy, I did not expect this many replies. Thanks a ton guys! This will all be helpful. :)