- advertisement -

Hey Everyone, Houston TX newbee

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by scubanhooba, Jan 26, 2015.

1. scubanhooba

scubanhooba New Member

Hi Y'all,

I'm Maria, My daughter, Kylie, was diagnosed last April at TCH. We are originally from Philly but moved to Houston with my husband's job. Kylie has been a complete trooper with her diagnosis. My husband and I went through the degrees of grieving when we heard Kylie's diagnosis. Who knew we were going to be T1D, when we thought it was a simple UTI. Life changes in the drop of a feather, eh? Well, Kylie is doing great. She does her own shots, does her sticks. I have to admit I am intimidated by our progression towards the pump but realize it will make her life easier. I guess T1D has just become a daily part of us and we just go with the flow. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

2. aprilodell

aprilodell Approved members

Just curious how old your daughter is. My son was diagnosed on xmas this last year and he has been a trooper through all of this as well. Hitting our one month appt this week and the plan with the endo is to look at both pumps and cgms and place an order.

3. JAZZIEFROG

JAZZIEFROG Approved members

Hey Maria!!! We are just south of Houston and also were diagnosed at TCH.
    Isn't it amazing how such little souls are so brave going through all of this. My DD amazes me everyday at how she has accepted it and has faith that everything will be ok.
    Welcome to the Diabetes community. :)