- advertisement -

Here we go!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by susan, Aug 12, 2009.

1. susan

susan Approved members

Today is Davis's first day of school. After talking with the teacher again yesterday afternoon (about the nurse situation) I think he is going to be fine. The teacher went and spoke to the nurse yesterday, and the teacher also agreed the nurse wasn't very nice about the situation. But the teacher is fully prepared to go to the principle about her attitude if need be. She has told me over and over again to try and not worry about him, she will do everything in her power to take care of him. So now I'm not upset about sending him to school because he has diabetes, now I am upset because my baby is going to school :(

2. Java

Java Approved members

I am sure he will do great and so will the teacher. I know it must be really hard sending your babe to school for the first day and diabetes. Try to have some me time. Do something for yourself today. Your a great mom. Hang in there.....

3. susan

susan Approved members

Me time won't happen today. I will still have my 3 year old twins with me, I'm sure they'll help keep my mind off Davis;)

4. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

Hope Davis has a great first day at school!!!!

5. JacksonsMom

JacksonsMom Approved members

Good luck! I'm sending my oldest baby off to Kindergarten tomorrow. It's hard! He's been in preschool 2 days a week but it's just different! I'm thankful I'm getting this in small doses, oldest one non D starting K first then Jackson next year. I'm glad it's not reversed!

6. betty6333

betty6333 Approved members

Good Luck! We start next week.... :eek:

7. Seans Mom

Seans Mom Approved members

I'm sure he'll be fine and have lots to tell you about after school today. A fireball of energy and excitement. :D

I'm so happy for you that the teacher is knowledgeable, willing and standing up for/with you and Davis. It's hard to let our "babies" go to school and trust someone else to take good care of them. But they need it, and sounds like you've gotten the lucky star with his teacher. ;)

8. susan

susan Approved members

Davis had a wonderful first day, and he has talked non stop since I picked him up..He was excited when I told him he was going back tomorrow..I am going to have to tweak some numbers somewhere, he doesn't usually eat breakfast till 8:30 so I think eating at 6:30 messed him up..He was 3 something at 8:45, he came down a little after PE, and then started going back up around 10 so I am going to have to work on that..

9. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Aww im glad he had fun at school, big boy:cwds: Yeah i had to mess with insulin dosages a bit when Steven started too. A whole different schedule than being home with Mom