- advertisement -

Help with DLA forms please!!!

Discussion in 'UK' started by heart01, Aug 29, 2010.

1. heart01

heart01 New Member

Hi my daughter was diagnosed with T1 July so i am in the process of filling in her DLA form........my diabetes nurse has said she will come and help fill this in but can't make it until the 15th Sept and I want to get it completed as soon as.........
    I know I need to put in worst case senarios but as of yet I have not had to deal with the worst case and I am still learning about the seriousness of her illness...........What kind of things have you had to write for DLA to recongnise how ill your child is.........Help is desperatley needed....and I thank you in advance..

2. Alba37

Alba37 Approved members

Hiya

I am sorry to read about your daughter's diagnosis. I think you have to be 3 months diagnosed before you can apply for DLA, so it would be worth checking that out as it may be fine to wait for the DSN to come and help you fill in the form. My son was older when he was diagnosed so I don't have the experience of a wee one.

The best place to get ideas for filling out the form would be from the Mum's on the UK CWD AG email list I think. There are several UK parents with children around the same age as your daughter there.

3. ktemma

ktemma Approved members

Hi, you do have to wait 3 months. silly really as we all know that type 1 is not going to go away! so you have plenty of time to fill in the form. my daughter was diagnosed on the 26th March 2009 she was 2 years old. i stupidly waited untill January 2010 to claim as i took one look at the form and just could not work out how to fill it in. Wait to get help! ;)