advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Dexcom Distributor - Byram Healthcare or Need Help getting another Distributor

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by NFLJAMS, Feb 23, 2016.

1. NFLJAMS

NFLJAMS New Member

Recently my son starting using Dexcom. We was told the only Dexcom Distributor we can use was Byram Healthcare. Base on our insurance United Healthcare Choice Plus. We receive the Dexcom start up kit from Byram Healthcare. However, when it was time to reorder new supplies, we are given the run around with Byram Healthcare.

Fews weeks ago I re-order supplies for my son. Last week we call, Byram Healthcare to follow up about the order. I was told it is still being process. My son has been left without supplies all this time. We place the order online, due to fact we are never able to reach a live person when calling them. We are always place on hold for about 1 hour and at times we are told to call back, or you are ask to leave your number and someone will return your call. We sent email and contact Byram online and still heard nothing from them.

I call Dexcom who stated they had direct number they use to contact Byram Healthcare. However, Dexcom place me on hold and said they cannot even reach anybody at Byram Healthcare.

Byram Healthcare comes to CWD Friends for Life, I and my husband assume this company will be good. However, they prove us wrong.

As of today we only receive the Dexcom start up kit and nothing else. Does anyone know anybody we can reach at Byram Healthcare directly? Or provide us information on another supplier we can use.

2. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

We just recently started using byram in September, for pump supplies. It is almost time to reorder supplies and I'm apprehensive about it. They got our first order wrong, and the replacement was also not what we asked for (we gave up at that point, and decided to use what they sent.) our second order was ok though. I know that's not helpful. I'm sorry you're having a rough time! If byram gives us any more trouble we are going to see about switching I for sure! (Plus it might be nice to get everything from the same place.)

Call your health insurance company and ask for a list of diabetic supply companies. Dexcom also may be able to help you with this list. However, whatever companies dexcom recommends, verify with your insurance to make sure before you order.

Another thing you can try is calling diabetes supply companies directly and ask them if they work with your insurance. There are many: liberty medical, edgepark, advanced diabetes supply, Solara, to name a few. We have been using advanced diabetes supply (also since September) for dexcom, and when it was time to reorder they called us! And it was super simple and fast. No waiting on hold.

If it helps.....I put the phone on speaker and let their awful waiting music play while I do other things, so the hour isn't completely wasted being on hold.

Best of luck!