- advertisement -

HELP!! New insurance and pump supply company will not ship supplies

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Mom2asweetdiabetic, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Mom2asweetdiabetic

Mom2asweetdiabetic Approved members

Ok so as of January 1st my sons insurance has switched (Bcbs of Illinois) and now our pump supplier will no longer be able to work with us. We were using Aplus Medical but now that our out of network deductible is 9,000 they wont help us.

Does anyone have any recommendations to whom I can get the same benefits like A+ on his supplies? Or whom do you use that keep your costs to this very expensive disease at bay?

Thank you so much in advance

2. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

This company does something similar to A plus in regards to eating the copay Solara

But I have never actually worked with them, just know what we talked about when I was looking around last year.

I absolutely love Foundation care, and we/were able to get all pump supplies under RX and saved a TON of $ by paying a copay instead of a % of DME.

Got to go but thought I would let you know of those 2 on the top of my head.

3. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

Call and ask BCBS which durable medical provider they use. They have lists of who they work with, and the companies are typically willing to help.

4. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

Anthem CO works with Edgepark, I know. I don't think they discount like A+, though.

5. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

This ^^ And while you have them on the phone drill down on how your supplies are charged and get specific figures for your durable medical coverage, co-pays, annual limits etc etc. You have to work with your insurer on your specific policy so what others might be experiencing is most likely meaningless.

6. Chippy28

Chippy28 Approved members

I echo what the others have said, but I did want to make a comment regarding Solera. Love them and use them, but as far as I know they don't do discounts or eat the copay. In fact, I just received a big bill from them. :/ If you do contact them and find out otherwise, please, please, let me know who you talked to. :)