- advertisement -

Help! Need your stories for a JDRF Fudraiser!

Discussion in 'Fundraising Activities' started by 4monkeez, Aug 15, 2012.

1. 4monkeez

4monkeez Approved members

My name is Kate, My son Matt is 8 and has Type 1 Diabetes. I am working on a fundraiser for JDRF. It is going to be either a monologue or one act play from the viewpoint of a type 1 parent. What I need to do right now is gather some funny stories from other type 1 parents so I can write the script. If anyone would like to share thier experiences I would really appreciate it! I am looking for any funny things kids have said or funny situations you never imagined yourself in (for example, the first week after dx my husband gave our son 5 units of Humalog instead of Lantus...we found ourselves force feeding him gatoarde and tootsie rolls - all we had in the house -and he was begging us to stop beacause his belly was full, then he ran upstairs to tell his twin brother "you won't believe it, Mom and Dad MADE me eat candy!") or what about the ridiculous things people say to you or your child....what do you think? I would love to hear your thoughts!