- advertisement -

HELP -- Need a cool "purse"

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by RosebudMama, Jul 29, 2009.

1. RosebudMama

RosebudMama Approved members

Well...Addy goes back to school in less than 2 weeks.

Sigh.

She just switched from her Cozmo to her PING. Last year, we kept supplies at school and at home. This year, she's going to keep everything with her and we'll be working out of the same "stash".

That being said, I'm looking for a cute purse/bag small enough to fit into a backpack, but large enough to carry all her gear and keep it organized. In addition to her PING remote, we'll need to toss a glucagon, extra sites, and juice in there too...so much stuff...

It needs to have a strap and a zipper closure because she'll be taking it with her when she transfers for Music, Art, and PE. It'll be going back and forth between home and school in her backpack.

I've searched around, but haven't had much luck. Any suggestions?

THANKS!!!!!!!

2. selketine

selketine Approved members

This person was at the FFL CWD conference a few weeks ago with her bags and they are REALLY pretty. They are pricey - but gorgeous. I love bags and I was very tempted because of the fabrics and the pockets for organizing everything.

https://www.skidaddlebags.com/

3. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

What about a handled "cosmetic bag". I know that my daughter uses one for her toiletries, and its about 7" x 5" x 2" and is black with two handles. I know the one she uses is Mary Kay because I got it a while back

4. Denise

Denise Approved members

I think the skiddadle bag might be a bit too big to put in the backpack...I've seen one in person and it's not big..but it's not small either...:(

5. Mistync991

Mistync991 Approved members

these are cute but OMG they are pricy!!!!

maybe you could get one of the vera bradly cosmetic cases or wristets same kinda look but i think they would be less expensive

6. Mistync991

Mistync991 Approved members

i was referring to these ;)

7. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

fifty50 http://www.fifty50pharmacy.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=F5&Category_Code=KidsCorner has some cute catch all bags.. you can buy straps for them or just use them as a handle.. Kaylee had the flower one, at the time it didn't work well for her because I was doing all the carrying of her stuff and the bag didn't fit in my bag.. but now that she's in school I'm thinking of getting another one (I gave the first one away, should have held on to it..) We do currently have the dino print that someone gave her, she hates the dino's so I'm waiting to see if I can exchange it.. anyway, here is the link..http://www.fifty50pharmacy.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=F5&Product_Code=SK50CASE1&Category_Code=KidsCorner

8. Flutterby

I absolutely LOVE these bags, but WAAAAYYYY over priced, I wouldn't buy one, even if I had the money to, just out of principle.. :rolleyes:

9. selketine

selketine Approved members

They have different sizes - some are very small and probably wouldn't hold all the things mentioned. There is also a waist pack, etc.

I agree they are pricey. My guess is that these small companies don't have the "economy of scale" to put out well made bags at lower prices. I know I've seen some people who have gone into business making things like this say they cannot get the price down.

The Vera Bradley bags are great - they have some cute cosmetic bags for much less and they are very lightweight. I also have a zippered cosmetic case that opens up into two halves - with separate zippered halves. Plastic is nice cause it helps to contain spills. It also has a handle if you want to carry it separately. Something like this: http://www.ebags.com/sonore_de_toot...giser/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=131163

10. Tricia22

Tricia22 Approved members

I wish I had money to spend... like birthday money or something where it's supposed to be spent on something frivolous... they now have meter bags that are ADORABLE!!! I totally want one... but they're $46! :eek: for a glucometer case essentially! :eek: and can I say again... :eek:?

11. moco89

moco89 Approved members

The butterfly case is extremely cute! I would like the echo bag too!

My paycheck comes on Friday, but I'm not gonna spend it on that! I prefer to save my money, but maybe I'll get one in the future sometime.

12. Flutterby

Well, crap, I really love their prints LOL.. I do love their bags.. they are prefect, but so much money.. but man, those prints are cute!!:cwds:

13. RosebudMama

RosebudMama Approved members

Thanks guys!!! I saw those bags too and thought they were so cute...then I saw the price :( Not so cute anymore...

Anyway, I'll check some of the links and see what else is out there. I really appreciate all the input!

14. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

:eek: The prices on Skidaddle bags is outrageous. I think I will head for Target.

15. wvchinacat

wvchinacat Approved members

Sorry to hijack - I make baby custom baby slings and carriers at home - and it is really hard to get the price down - I do not buy in bulk - bc I make them one at a time - not as a business but more of a side thing - and I just do nto have the room to keep bulk material - but good material is so expensive . . .so yes the skidaddle bags are expensive - but anything handcrafted these days is. Many times I end up making like $5-10 on something that took me about 4 hours to make after the cost of material, supplies and time. :rolleyes: But honestly I do not do it for the $$ I just really believe in the benefit of slings for babies . . .

You might also try looking at etsy.com and searching for handbag/backpack. They have some really neat items all handcrafted and some very reasonable! I also really like the mini messenger bags. Jansport and Dickies make some really cute ones. Good luck!

ETA: OK I do think she is making more than $5-10 on her handbags! LOL

16. Leece

Leece Approved members

So cute. I can't wear high heels don't buy designer clothes but "bags and purses" that is my complete weakness. Wish they were a little more on sale though.

17. lilituc

lilituc Approved members