- advertisement -

Help!! Home school problem

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by KeltonsMom, Oct 16, 2007.

1. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

As many of you know Kelton was in the hospital for a few days and I home school him through an online school.

We have run into a problem, the work that was due on the days he was in the hospital he can complete it but he will not get full credit for the work :mad:

The school does not have any idea how to make a 504 plan for him but they are willing to abide by one if I were to type one up..

He does have to take state tests outside of the home at one of the local schools, and I want him to be able to tend to his D needs without penalty, same for work he missed due to illness..

Okay I have to figure out where to start..

2. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Is there any way to prove to the homeschool that he was in the hospital? I had no idea that it was run like that.. I thought it was go at your own pace.. you were the one in charge.. I hope that you are able to get them to understand that he wasn't able to do it.. he should be able to complete it and get full credit on it..

how's he feeling?

3. wilf

wilf Approved members

our school has provision for a make up test or assignment if something has to be missed for valid and documentable medical reasons..

4. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

One of his teachers called him while he was in the hospital, so they know he was there..

I contacted the school and they are going to work with me..

Everything in grades k-8 can be done at the students own pace, but once they go to the online High School program then they have deadlines to when the work is due and have to meet the deadlines or get bad grades..So far he is keeping up with the deadlines, but not on the days he was ill.

If this online High school decides to become a PITA I will let him finish the year and then place him in the public school where I know they will follow a 504 Plan..