- advertisement -

Help...first time on here & need advice with an Animas pump situation

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by RisMom, Jan 30, 2014.

1. RisMom

RisMom New Member

My daughter was dx at 13 mos old, 8 yrs old now. On an Animas pump using 6mm infusion sets...besides being 3mm longer, what are difference with the 9mm infusion set? Why or why not would this work for my daughter??

2. Michelle'sMom

Michelle'sMom Approved members

We use both. The 9mm work better in fattier areas. My dd uses them on the waist & abdomen.

3. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

My dd was DX at 13months also, started pumping at 18months. She just turned 9 in November!

Why are you considering changing? have you been having problems with the 6mm?

The only 9mm ones that I would consider would be an angled set for anywhere except the butt. I just think that a 9mm 90degree set would has a greater chance of kinking and possibly hitting muscle on my trim daughter, except her butt, there is plenty there to use a 9mm.

Now the angled sets even though they are 9mm they really only go in as deep as the 6mm and with many you can manipulate how deep or shallow you go.

4. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

My son is 20 and has used the 6 mm since going on the pump at age 12. There has been no indication he needed to switch as he is still pretty thin.

5. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

Ashleigh's used the 6mm since going on the pump (3 years ago). We haven't had any issues with it. She's not overly thin, but also not overweight. seems to be right where she needs to be for her height and weight.