- advertisement -

Help! Anyone here in the Williamsburg, VA.? On vacation and we need a reservoir.

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by acjsmom, Jul 4, 2014.

1. acjsmom

acjsmom Approved members

Title pretty much says it all. We are on vacation and I forgot to pack the reservoirs. Does anyone have one to spare, please? Thanks!

2. roo'smom

roo'smom Approved members

I PM'd you...

3. acjsmom

acjsmom Approved members

Thank you, Steph, I think we have found some.

4. acjsmom

acjsmom Approved members

Caspi, you rock!

5. caspi

caspi Approved members

Glad I could help! :)

6. roo'smom

roo'smom Approved members

Glad you got it worked out. Enjoy your vacation!!

7. Mommy For Life

Mommy For Life Approved members

Geez, now I'm thinking we should only vacation where other CWD forum members live....just in case! Happy vacation! Thumbs up Caspi!

8. acjsmom

acjsmom Approved members

So, to update. We were in Williamsburg, obviously. I always pack dd's insulin supplies. I always pack more than enough, because you never know. I remember now when I reached for a box of reservoirs to pack, that the box only had one or two. I started to get an unopened box to pack. For one reason or the other, I became distracted and didn't pack the reservoirs. We had everything else. I heard my husband talking about it on the morning he was doing the site change (the 4th). Panic sets in because I knew what I had done. Called Medtronic, hoping they would have a rep in the area who could get me some. Because of it being the 4th, Medtronic was less than helpful (which I will say was the first time I have been disappointed in the customer service). Called our endo.'s office to get ideas. They suggested we call local pharmacies and explain the situation. The dr. on call said that some pharmacies will stock pump supplies and she thought that in an area like Williamsburg, one would have some. The only pharmacy that could possibly have some was a medical supply place that was closed because of the holiday. We didn't even have syringes with us, but the doctor offered to call in what we needed if we couldn't find some reservoirs. In my panic state, I posted here, but first in the wrong forum. Sweet Caspi saw it and offered to help. She posted on a Va. CWD FB group and was able to help me get in contact with a mom on there. The mom even offered to bring the reservoirs all the way to us in Williamsburg. We met her halfway in Norfolk. She was so sweet and kind. After that little mishap, we were able to go on our way and enjoy the rest of our vacation. Otherwise, my husband had already said we would be packing up and going home. The bag I always pack now has a box of reservoirs and a couple of sites in it for all times. Lesson learned.

9. jilmarie

jilmarie Approved members

For the future: in a pinch you can use an insulin syringe to refill the reservoir. I' done this before and it's worked fine.

10. Lisa - Aidan's mom

Lisa - Aidan's mom Approved members

Glad it worked out with the help of some very nice people!