- advertisement -

HELP-Anyone had or heard of fevers with menstrual cycle? And KETONES

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by liasmommy2000, Dec 10, 2012.

1. liasmommy2000

liasmommy2000 Approved members

DD is twelve and had her period for the first time last month. Now she just started again.

Last Thursday the school called me and said she was very flushed and slightly feverish. She also had moderate ketones. I picked her up and gave her some tylenol and she rested all day and was perfectly fine on Friday and all weekend.

So today I sent her off to school and get the same call. I've called the pediatrician's office and left a message for the nurse and am waiting for a call back. It's all just odd. If there were other symptoms it would make sense. I'm rather nervous. And wondering if some people get fevers and ketones with their menstrual cycle? She's not a feverish kid generally and tends to run a bit low on the temp side normally. Her BG is a tad high but not crazy, 200. Not a number she would normally get ketones. She's also not prone to ketones. She doesn't get them with colds. Just fever/vomiting. And has to be pretty high or a bad site otherwise.

2. Brenda

Brenda Junior Member

As I recall, no fevers associated with the cycle. Some girls are high just before AND/OR during AND/OR after. Some are high, drop and run low the duration. I suspect you will get more responses throughout the day or so.

3. LoveMyHounds

LoveMyHounds Approved members

I do get fever on the first day of a cycle. I'm not diabetic.

4. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

Honestly, I'd suspect she is just getting sick...

5. liasmommy2000

liasmommy2000 Approved members

Thanks. I'm hearing some things of people having fevers or feeling flushed during that time.

What threw me off was the fact that she was this way on Thursday and FINE all weekend until Monday morning. She was sick yesterday too but went to school this morning and as far as I know was fine all day. No more ketones this morning.