advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hello! fasting bs?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tab, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Tab

Tab New Member

Hi my name is Tab and I have had type 1 diabetes for 30 years this year! My daughter Lilly is 6 years old and was just diagnosed in December she is in her honeymoon stage I caught it extremely early and she's only on a half unit of Lantus in the evening and we're not counting carbs or giving Humalog yet but I know the day will come!!! I had a question and just wanted other people's opinions I'm very nervous that now my son could have it too I'm going to maybe put him in the trialnet but I was curious what people thought about a fasting blood sugar of 99 yesterday and this morning 107 I know as a diabetic I would love to have those numbers but I'm worried that he may be getting diabetes too and those fastings are without a big carb meal the night before just curious what other people thought????I'm going to definitely get him checked out at some point! He is 4 years old! Thanks for reading!!!!! :) Tab

2. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

I highly recommend that you enroll your son in TrialNet. Antibody testing will provide you with a great deal of useful information.