- advertisement -

Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mommynbabyt1diabetics, Jan 9, 2013.

1. mommynbabyt1diabetics

mommynbabyt1diabetics New Member

I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a diabetic mother of a 19 month old who is also a diabetic. I was diagnosed when I was 2, he was 10 months. I also wanted people to check out my new blog. I have never blogged before and figured it would be a great way to relieve stress... here is my blog :
    zazaandelli-buttsdiabeticjourney.blogspot.com/

2. smcnair

smcnair Approved members

Hi Zarah, both my son and I are also diabetic. I was diagnosed at 18 months of age, and he was 4.5 months old. When he was diagnosed I found out I had been misdiagnosed with type 1 and that I had monogenic diabetes. I've read your blog and noticed that your mom is also diabetic but wasn't diagnosed until she was a little older. Are doctors sure that you and your son have type 1?? Although most forms of monogenic diabetes are diagnosed before 6 months of age this isn't always the case. There are many different forms of it.

3. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

Hi Welcome. I've started reading your blog and have bookmarked it. My daughter was dx with type 1 at the age of 11. Good to meet you.

4. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

Your blog is interesting but pretty hard to read. I have to highlight the labels for the pictures to read them (the pink) and it's hard to read the white lettering as it goes up over the picture you have up top.
    I'm still working on reading it though :) Just thought you should know that may effect how many visitors you get, because sometimes people just leave the blog if they have a hard time reading it.